Pantless Spencys zinno ETA fix-up thread. ~NOW RUNS YAY~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    i wonder how much they would charge me for a head ecu and harness... would i need more than that?
    do i looked it up they want like 30 something for harness with no accesories (gay) and i think it was around 100 for a head, and like 30-50 for an ecu... not to bad but what if the heads in terrible shape?

Comment

You got this puppy running yet?
      From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
      Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

nawww :( my last paycheck was skimp.... i might buy an eta m20 and engine mounts and an engine stand for like 100 and just swap the whole thing.
        if that doesnt work out im gonna have to wait til my next paycheck to go in and take everything apart and order a new bolt kit and gasket and tb and wp, then hav the machine shop flatten the head.

Comment

Glory! Finally have the cash to begin this endeavor of fixing up my eta. Pretty excited can't wait til the parts come in the mail. And one of my vw pals offered me some 15 inch bbs ra's for dirt cheap so I'm hyped!! I would have to refinish them idk what color to do tho..
          Also seeking some advice, what is the most ideal thickness of cylinder head gasket for the 2.7 m20? My friend told me to go thin for a little more power but I also wanna play it a little safe lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
            And one of my vw pals offered me some 15 inch bbs ra's for dirt cheap so I'm hyped!!
            how about one thing at a time. get the car running!
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
              how about one thing at a time. get the car running!
              He only wants $50 for the set :) but I plan on buying them after I get her healthy.

Comment

Good luck man

Comment

Thanks 5toes I hope I dont need it lol.

Comment

Hahaha well you never know

Comment

Haha yeah knowing myself I probably will need it... Thankfully I have a few people with experience helping/guiding me through it. I we'd to buy a bentley too.

Comment

In case you still haven't figured it out, this is everything you will need from a "i" to do head swap.

Everything is pretty detailed here:
                        http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/328i_1.html and

You don't have to go the custom piston route though.

Good luck... I am about to go the same route with my eta, I wouldn't pay over $400 + shipping for swap stuff.
                        Originally posted by trackjunkie21
                        when there is a choice between an e36 and another car, you choose the other car.

Comment

i'm probably just going to fix my eta, keep it the top end eta.
                          too much money in swapping the i head, im a poor college student haha.
                          im about to order all the parts though. paycheck comes tomorrow then i have to buy like 200 dollars in gaskets seals components and such.

Comment

Yeah, I just ordered all that stuff too. You ordering from Blunt?
                            Originally posted by trackjunkie21
                            when there is a choice between an e36 and another car, you choose the other car.

Comment

Originally posted by jdvorwe View Post
                              Yeah, I just ordered all that stuff too. You ordering from Blunt?
                              not sure where im going to order them yet, but if all the goods is for a good deal from blunt i wouldn't mind buying from him.

Comment

Picked up these goodies and ordered all the parts i need to rebuild the m20 :)

Comment

Working...
                                X