No announcement yet.

Pantless Spencys zinno ETA fix-up thread. ~NOW RUNS YAY~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just realized i'm now in 1640 on this car.... not including the price of getting it smogged or possibly machining the head, not too bad, need some suspension and new bushings everywhere.

Comment

just got this in the mail.....
      anyone in the bay area or sac area wanna give me a helping hand? I'm not quite the motor contisure yet :/ but hopefully i will be an m20 class Jedi after this 8)
      Attached Files

Comment

also just ordered:
        spark plugs :)
        brake pads
        throttle body gasket
        oil pan gasket :)
        and the gaskets for intake on cylinder 1,2 & 5 (i ordered one of these already, thought it was a set for all 4, only got one for cylinder 6 LOL)

Comment

began to dig into the engine YESTERDAY**, didn't get too far, got the undercarriage taken off(such a bitch with the front wheels straight), coolant drained, air-box off, half the intake dissembled, plugs with wires out. tomorrow i hope to get the intake mani and headers removed, then drain the rest of the coolant from the block.
          Last edited by Pantless Spency; 08-29-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

good luck with this man! post more pics of the progress!

http://arcautomotive.com.ph/
            like us on facebook
            Service • Detailing • Parts • Accessories
            BMW Car Club of the Philippines

Comment

^^^ will do soon :)
              i'm trying to think what to do with the valve cover and intake mani....
              i'm thinking powdercoat both black but that's very common.
              what if i did a black powder on the valve cover and then polished the intake mani?
              does anyone have any links/pics of buffed out intake manifolds on m20's???

Comment

Don't sink too much money into the m20. I spent 700 refreshing Mine and highly regret it, wish I just went m50 from the start. Why are you removing the undercarriage ?
                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                  Don't sink too much money into the m20. I spent 700 refreshing Mine and highly regret it, wish I just went m50 from the start. Why are you removing the undercarriage ?
                  oh i know, im only in 250 on the m20.
                  by under-carriage i ment the protective plastic piece attached under the image to the lip and wheel wells.

Comment

Removing the under-carriage will soon become the easiest part of this rebuilt

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

M20 is a wicked easy motor to work on. The exhaust is gonna suck . Probably gonna be one of the most annoying parts .
                      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                        oh i know, im only in 250 on the m20.
                        by under-carriage i ment the protective plastic piece attached under the image to the lip and wheel wells.
                        M50= $350 ebay
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                        ---------------------------------
                        89 E30 S52
                        ---------------------------------
                        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

got some more work done today, pulled the rad, a little closer to getting the intake mani out, gonna spray the exhaust mani with some PB blaster, and got the valve cover cleared off and unbolted. there was a major amount of build up and gunk in the cooling lines and fittings.... i'm a little worried to crack this sucker open, i bet the water pump is ages old. haha.

Comment

anyone know if an 89' front euro bumper will fit on my 86'??

Comment

It can be done but it's quite a process...search. There are a bunch of threads.
                              Only Early Euro bumpers will bolt right on.

Pull the head and exhaust/intake manifolds at the same time!
                              Suspension tips here...
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
                                It can be done but it's quite a process...search. There are a bunch of threads.
                                Only Early Euro bumpers will bolt right on.

Pull the head and exhaust/intake manifolds at the same time!

ill just pass on this bumper then, the seller is all the way in santa cruz and seems sketchy.

as for the exhaust and intake, should i pull it all at once even if i'm going to replace those gaskets as well?
                                thanks mark! hope you're having fun at work ;) i'm at work as well.. haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X