Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1989 restoration/mod

Hello r3vland,

Never been much of a poster on here but I've always followed along. Thought I would introduce myself and my car. It started out life as an 89' 325i that i bought from the original owner, who was a 90 pound old lady who really looked after the car. When I first got the car it was flat pink but I knew it was single stage paint so After buffing the crap out of it, out came a nice zinno red e30. Over the few years I have had the car its gone through the normal transformation from a stock 4 wheeler to a decently dropped e30. I started out with an iS lip + rear iS spoiler (looking for a new mtech 1 if anybody has or knows of one) and got the bumpers painted since they were the only thing that was visually unpleasing. After the bumpers i decided it was time for a drop. I opted for the time tested H&R race + bilstein sport combo which I can't complain about. I drove about 6 months with this set up and lightly rear ended a toyota tacoma... completely my fault. i needed a new hood and fender. I opted out for some original bmw parts and got the fender and hood. I thought with this original 20 year old paint there is no way i can match the hood and fender to the rest of the car. So about 2 months ago i put the car into one of the premier bodyshops in the area. DC autocraft. they work on bentleys, audi R8s on a daily basis. I thought if they are good enough for those cars, they're good enough for my e30. The car has been there since May 17th and its almost getting rapped up.
    Attached Files

very clean

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Right before the accident I had purchased some Apex arc-8s and was in the process of getting them mounted for the car. Didn't happen for a while till i got the new hood and fender paid for. After that I got some yokohama parada spec 2's for the wheels because I couldn't wait to get them mounted anymore.

you can see the fender damage in this pics while the car was getting a water pump, fan clutch, and timing belt replaced.

Last edited by Mfever; 07-13-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

what the car looked like at bimmerfest 2009... and what it looked like before i got into the accident.

I was genuinely pissed off at myself for weeks for doing that to the car. I am glad I am rebuilding to its glory days though.

I don't have any pictures of what happened after the incident since they were on my old phone. But it was only a light hit. I drove around with the hood, fender and wheels for a bout 6 months and here we are today.

before the body work started... i wanted to try my arc-8s with some 8mm spacers in the back. they rubbed pretty hard without even driving the car on 215/40s so i had the fenders rolled before sending her off to the paint shop.

Last edited by Mfever; 07-13-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

pics of the accident aftermath?
          sigpic

Comment

On its way to the body shop... and its slow paint process. It was slow in fact that i missed the whole dent and sanding portion of the photos.

Last edited by Mfever; 07-13-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

i might have a pic of the accident but i need to look for it.

Comment

as of this morning the car is primed and almost ready for paint.

Last edited by Mfever; 07-13-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

I also spruced up the Arc-8 a little bit... I absolutely love bbs rc's and the closest i could get were these wheels. I hate they the e30 fitment rc's look compared to say an e36 fitment wheel so I got the arc-8s. I put on some red bbs caps and stickers and recently purchased some bbs lug nuts. I don't care if im a poser I think these will look epic on the car.

and im gonna be putting these lug nuts on.

Also, I have bought every piece of trim, seal, clip, screw imaginable straight from the dealer so i can have a minty fresh e30. I work at the stealership so dont worry too much on the cost.

yes their real... and their spectacular.

Last edited by Mfever; 07-13-2011, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mfever View Post
                    Also, I have bought every piece of trim, seal, clip, screw imaginable straight from the dealer so i can have a minty fresh e30. I work at the stealership so dont worry too much on the cost.

yes their real... and their spectacular.

Comment

Thinking those lug bolts are going to be to busy.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Looking forward to the outcome of this one.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

wow this looks like its going to be tits
                          ]

Comment

this is gonna be such a clean ride in a few weeks. GJ and GL with the rest of the build.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Wow nice, I've been looking into door/window moldings for my car but they seem to be hard to find. Is the factory bmw stuff super expensive?
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                              X