Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how rare is Euro S50ed, 5 lug, big brakes e30 M3 Touring in US? Vlad is building it !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlad I'm coming to eat your car.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

you going to glue in an M windshield?

looks really nice Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
        you going to glue in an M windshield?

looks really nice Vlad.
        It won't fit without modifying the frame

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
          It won't fit without modifying the frame
          my M looked the exact same as all of my other E30s?- modify what?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
            my M looked the exact same as all of my other E30s?- modify what?
            The a-pillar is a bit thicker on the M3 compared to the regular E30. Go compare the covers and you'll see the difference.
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              The a-pillar is a bit thicker on the M3 compared to the regular E30. Go compare the covers and you'll see the difference.
              @ Mikeedler... Yes, they are indeed different. The main difference is the actual channel the windshield sits in/on. On a standard e30 it's roughly 1/2" wide, whereas on the M3 it's about 1" wide. The seal on the standard e30 slides onto the seam, the m3 has no seal, just trim around the perimeter, as it's bonded to the wider lip. Check realoem too, the part numbers are different for the inner A-pillar. I know this firsthand as I had to widen the lip on my project to use a bond in windshield by 1/2" and used my M3 donor car for the measurements... they are definitely different, as well as the interior cover, as you said above, Eric. :D

Garey

Comment

What a stunning project,,

the color choice surpriced me a lot.. because of the Swedish touring

Whit or red would be my pick,, but your M3 was white and the cabrio is red so.........

Congratulation with this project,, and i wasn´t aware that this was such a huge welding and metal job ,, salute

ps.. now you just need to swapp a S38B38 in to an E30

i guess that swapp is ultra rare in the states
                Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
                ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
                E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                  Vlad I'm coming to eat your car.
                  Hahah

This this is beautiful.

Comment

I love the color. It's different. The dirty things I would do to this car......or for it...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Is it being towed, by that tow hook any time soon?

Love the car, not the honda-esque leave in tow hook.

Comment

Vlad - Is that color Lazer Blue? It looks similar to the color my rabbit was supposed to be but it ended up a little darker.

Sorry if you already posted the name, I quit reading posts because I got tired of reading people saying you didn't build the car.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                          yes, the show has been rescheduled because of the Hurricane Irene that is already here.
                          We took it easy and did not rush to finish the car. There are still few things here and there to complete and I still need to pick up the interior, it's done but I am not driving to get it in this weather :shock:

I am doing some work on the rear AC Schnitzer wheels and then will drop the car on the ground (adjustable TC Klein coilovers), also waiting for my French Yellow fog lights to arrive from Europe

few more pics

right now the touring is locked in the garage hoping to get thru this biggest hurricane in NY/NJ history :shock:
                          that is sick. I love that blue on an E30.... awesome job.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          ---------------------------------
                          89 E30 S52
                          ---------------------------------
                          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Very nice build. It's threads like this that give us weekend wrenchers motivation to work on our projects!!

I've thought about doing this conversion on my touring but with the amount of work involved and lack of time, I think it'd take me about 30 years rather than 30 days. lol

Comment

Those door handles are sweettt

Comment

Glad to see it alive. Euro S50 engine shots?

My only

I would have love to see it in the usual Ferrari Red that you've been known for. Most people are going to mistake it for:

I know it's a lighter color than that car, but it's still so similiar. Still, it is good to see another M3 touring in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X