X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
    Well I spent some time in the shop today and put the turbo motor some what together! The bottom end is all set + the head is torqued down and ready for some power..

Love it! this car is going to be a beast!!

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
    nice...I will be going in the same direction as you, except I'm going to do a 2.9L. Forged rods/ 85mm pistons, I have my m52 crank and spacer already. Getting the block bored +1mm as well. What are your horsepower goals?? I'm hopefully going to make an even more bulletproof engine to boost.

With the 35r thats kinda big? So you must be going for high hp.

I have a friend with a gt2560, would you think thats too small? I have goals of like 300whp

Badass, I would love to do a forged build in the future. I am aiming for 400+whp and have some head room for more power as I tune it.

Here is my opinion on it, A t2 series will work, but it will just be blowing hot air up top, the efficiency will be in your lower rpms. Granted there are some turbos IE the GT28RS (disco potato) that would better work with your motor.

A T3 series turbo is the minimum i would go with if you are looking for 300+, the HY30 or HX30 or t3/t4 50+ trim would work out great for you.. There are TONS of options out there. With your motor being 2.9 and having head work done, id recommend a bigger turbo.

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied
    nice...I will be going in the same direction as you, except I'm going to do a 2.9L. Forged rods/ 85mm pistons, I have my m52 crank and spacer already. Getting the block bored +1mm as well. What are your horsepower goals?? I'm hopefully going to make an even more bulletproof engine to boost.

With the 35r thats kinda big? So you must be going for high hp.

I have a friend with a gt2560, would you think thats too small? I have goals of like 300whp

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Originally posted by 2man View Post
    what manifold are you going with. starting to research building up an NA motor and turbo seems a lot more appealing (and sadly. addicting)

that 35r should make some mean power
    I will be using the CX racing manifold. Despite where it comes from, that manifold is holding up great and making some good power on a few members cars here. I know what you mean about addicting, i pulled a perfectly good motor out to have it prepped for boost haha!

Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
    nice man! good work, car looks great, so to my understanding, I kinda skimmed thru whole build, you did a FULL rebuild? and a 2.7i? And you dyno'd at 150whp/155wtq? What cam are you using? Hmmm. Either the cam/Miller MAF/WAR Chip is making up for the miles or my motor is freakishly in good condition after 299k. I dynod at 164whp/154wtq. i need more tuning as well. and i had a vacuum leak during that dyno tuning session.

EDIT: after looking at ur graph again....its BEAUTIFUL Compared to mine...holy crap. probably the vacuum leak i hope. i'm gonna go back.
    Thank you sir! Yes, the original motor had close to 300k and was tired and I fully rebuilt it top to bottom. The dyno however was with a stock head and stock exhaust, my built head wasn't on it unfortuneately.

If I had my myster-e head + long tubes on long enough to dyno I would have been in the 170whp'ish range easily, id say your motor is running great for its age.

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Kyle
    Last edited by Cronopoulos; 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 88SuperETABD
    replied
    nice man! good work, car looks great, so to my understanding, I kinda skimmed thru whole build, you did a FULL rebuild? and a 2.7i? And you dyno'd at 150whp/155wtq? What cam are you using? Hmmm. Either the cam/Miller MAF/WAR Chip is making up for the miles or my motor is freakishly in good condition after 299k. I dynod at 164whp/154wtq. i need more tuning as well. and i had a vacuum leak during that dyno tuning session.

EDIT: after looking at ur graph again....its BEAUTIFUL Compared to mine...holy crap. probably the vacuum leak i hope. i'm gonna go back.
    Last edited by 88SuperETABD; 01-06-2013, 01:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    what manifold are you going with. starting to research building up an NA motor and turbo seems a lot more appealing (and sadly. addicting)

that 35r should make some mean power
    Last edited by 2mAn; 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM. Reason: turbo questions

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Got a little more work done today... I took some pics of the adventure :D

Everything involved to make the oil pump turn -

The intermediate shaft -

Another gear that meshes with the intermediate shaft thus turning the pump -

The actual oil pump, you can see the rod that turns the pump -

The finished product, the water pump as well -

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    Looking purdy! Can't wait to see the "finished" product.
    Thanks matt, coming soon!

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Looking purdy! Can't wait to see the "finished" product.

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Well I spent some time in the shop today and put the turbo motor some what together! The bottom end is all set + the head is torqued down and ready for some power..

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Originally posted by 2man View Post
    LOVE freshly machined parts
    Agreed, I need a glass case, i dont want to get this dirty ;)

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    LOVE freshly machined parts

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Alright guys, I didn't get where I wanted to by christmas... My machinist went into surgery and he has been recovering and getting back into the groove again, it took him a while to get the block done.

The block was picked up today and it looks AWESOME! In the next week I will be assembling the bottom end and getting the head buttoned down...

Last edited by Cronopoulos; 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cronopoulos
    replied
    Originally posted by E30BTR View Post
    Anything new? I had to pull the motor, so I took some better pics of the manifold and the gt35r
    I got the block back from the machine shop today and boy does it look like a million bucks. Your pics looks killer man, building a new motor?

Originally posted by thealbert View Post
    Sorry to hear about the accident on your original E30 but I'm happy for you that you were still able to salvage much of it! And great stuff since then! Keep them coming!
    I appreciate it :) I am very happy I found a donor care to pick up where I left off too!

Originally posted by seatown88 View Post
    wow epic build! cant wait for updates
    You sub'd at the right time, the next month is going to be fun!

Leave a comment:

• seatown88
    replied
    wow epic build! cant wait for updates

Leave a comment:

Working...
X