Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F34R
    replied
    I went to meet up with a friend and thought to take a few new pictures of how she looks right now. I removed the lip because the sides kept popping off(needs the BMW bolts). I am also dropping 1/2 in the rear, just removing the GC adjusters and using the poly nipples on the base. That is a 1/4 drop and I guess that means a 1/2 relation to the springs? Mark @GC explained it today on the phone. Well whatever it is thank you Mark, Jay and Trevor.

Those are e24 rear seats that I made brackets to hook up to e30 sliders.

So after meeting up with my friend I had to head home. We took a TWISTY back road for some fun. There was a MK5 GTI that saw me in town before I turned onto the back road. He snapped his neck staring at my e30, saw him pull into a parking lot. I kept going at the speed limit(not one to speed).

But out of no where he comes flying up to catch me(30mph zone). I am just going 25 because of the road is rough till it gets to the fresh pavement(last summer). There is some really bad train tracks and I slow to a crawl to get over them...poly it not forgiving. He is on my ass by this point and gives me the middle finger, that upset my nice mood of cruising. Now remember how I mentioned fresh, twisty pavement? It turns 55mph after the tracks, with no houses for about 10 miles.

I know he has the HP over me but...I lost him by over a mile. Some of these turns are 35mph rated. I blew through the whole thing at about 114+.

I thought he must have turned off or something, so I pulled over to get a zip tie for the throttle cable(floats over 80mph). He comes out of no where and stops next to me on the road. Asks: "what the FUCK is that thing?" lol. Told me at the first turn when we were going 105ish and he backed off and thought I was going to wreck. He said he has never seen a car take a fucking corner at over 100mph and stay flat with zero body roll. I lost him by the 2nd turn by over 10 cars, I just never slowed down. To be honest to drive this car fast you have to not look at the speedo. Seeing corners your used to taking at 75ish does not add up when you're doing over 100. Tonight was the first time I broke the speed limit with this car. I hate tickets. But I cannot wait for the turbo the match the suspension!

My best in my old e30(GC coils, bilstein sports, stock everything else ETA) was 87mph in some of the corners. This one is just unreal, if anyone local to 13901 I would be happy to take you for a spin.

Yeah yeah, cool story brah etc.
    Last edited by F34R; 08-28-2012, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Went to a car show tonight, I guess all the other vettes and tuners were boring...I had about 25+ people flock lol. I should have brought a print out for my mod list. Repeated about 15 times what suspension I was running etc. Then I was stopped in Walmart and the gas station a few times for questions, and followed by a new BMW e90 M3 to have me pull over. That was really neat that he loved the shit out of it!

Also lowered the front another 1/2" to match the rear, photo shoot tomorrow!
    Does anyone know if a diff whines with low fluid? I rebuilt a 2.93 and filled it half way. I just have whine when I am not in throttle.

Here is a longer video on the way to the junk yard. Sorry if it was boring, I am just excited to drive this thing!!!!
    Last edited by F34R; 08-25-2012, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Oh and lemme add another dayum.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Na I just wandered around for a bit, didn't grab anything. Rather throw money your way though. Get at me with what you want for em.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    Dayum.
    It is insane man, the handling is like nothing I have been in before. I will give you a ride in it sometime soon.

Did you get the bottle caps? If not I have 4 sexy ones at my house.

One of the reasons I went to the scrap yard was to weight my e30.

Stock is 2,850lbs With the roof rack and 1/4 tank of gas I was at 2,420! roof rack is 27lbs so I busted the 2,400 goal I had(by a tiny bit).
    I have a lot of things to remove and replace(carbon fiber). My end goal is to bust into the 2,100lbs range.

Last edited by F34R; 08-28-2012, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Dayum.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Just a short video after meeting Swanny, I wanted to show the travel from the insane suspension setup I am running. Uploading a few more right now.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    Looking forward to this video footage!

Where'd you end up going?
    Went to the gas station for some drinks. Video footage was on the way to Gary's U Pull it.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Looking forward to this video footage!

Where'd you end up going?

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    8380 labs told me spacers are due tomorrow...sigh missing my inspection at 9am and alignment at 11am. Let's hope I can get everything done before 3:30pm Friday.

Did the timing belt, WP and ten, then did the poly engine and transmission mounts and PS delete block from Condor speed shop.
    Last edited by F34R; 08-21-2012, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dnick
    replied
    :oops: aw shit, my bad :oops:

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
    Brandon. Coming along. Post pics!

Did you get your spacers yet? Do they fit nicely?

Do you still need that intake boot?
    Thanks Frank, today I skimmed coated the sunroof delete, then repaired a shit fender till I can find one. Seats are modded and I am just waiting to install them tomorrow(pics).

Spacers are not due till tomorrow afternoon or something. Thursday is inspection and wheel alignment. And yes, that one Dnick sent me was for an automatic. I'll send you a text in a few minutes for a time to meet up.

things left to do:

Weld on old exhaust(new 3" is a week out)
    Install Condor Speed poly mounts and alum PS delete block.
    Wire up high beams.

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    Brandon. Coming along. Post pics!

Did you get your spacers yet? Do they fit nicely?

Do you still need that intake boot?

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by ///sLothiC View Post

You've stolen my idea

Should be flattered.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
    You taking this thing to bimmerfest?