Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dnick
    replied
    brandon, get that boot? cant remember if i asked :P

Leave a comment:

• VinniE30
    replied
    You taking this thing to bimmerfest?

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    I did it to my first e30 in 2003, when did you do yours? But...you had pictures of it on the internet before me, so yes I stole it lol.
    Plus I'm German so it is all good =)

Update
    Bought new WP, timing belt/tensioner. Then bought a new thermostat housing/cover and 71 degree stat and all seals/gaskets.

234k on the engine and it was sitting for 4-5 years, so I figured it was best to replace that.

This is all I have for now till the big brown truck arrives!
    Last edited by F34R; 08-15-2012, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ///sLothiC
    replied

You've stolen my idea

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
    Hey, this is looking good. Now get that into a daily reliable bimmer and you're well on your way!

Glad to have helped.
    Spacers are the ONLY thing I am waiting on. Those hinder my wheels, in turn hinder my brakes and clutch. So when they come in this will be on the road in a day. Already getting the reg and insurance transferred.

I know it was no biggie resolving the starting issue, but it meant everything for this trip. I am not the best at reading systematic, would have taken me forever to figure that out.

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    Hey, this is looking good. Now get that into a daily reliable bimmer and you're well on your way!

Glad to have helped.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    I gets down with this.
    I do too, I sat for an hour just staring at it today. Had some random people stop by to ask WTF is the suspension it is running. Nothing but turning heads in my driveway!

I see you lurking 8380 Labs ;) that you Ethan? Waiting on those spacers haha!

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    I gets down with this.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by KatFish View Post
    Good idea, those roads on the way down are pretty nasty. You can loose a wheel in some of those potholes on the highway. Good to see our tax dollars hard at work lol. Hows the exhaust coming along?
    Muffler shipped last night ETA aug 16th and the 409 3" SS tubing should be in sometime this week. I got the Vbands in yesterday, so it will be done before BF.

Right now I am getting an intake boot and getting the interior finished. I also have to hook up the headlights and signals, swap out the front window/seal trimF&R(has a crack and now welding beads in it) then skim coat the roof. When the custom spacers get in and the GC valved rear shocks it is off to Ford to get all 4 wheels aligned. Everything should take a weekend at most, today I am doing: Lights and seats, then buy the Bondo and my Uncle it teaching me how to mix and apply it correctly. Seen him do it before but I would rather not mess anything up. His 35 years vs my watching him haha. I would rather let him do it. After the skim coating I will swap out the window and trim.

Getting the reg and insurance swapped sometime this week.

Then drive it for a week or so to make sure everything it good to go.

Dnick just donated an intake boot thank you man :)
    Last edited by F34R; 08-14-2012, 09:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KatFish
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    All I did was clean up the wiring to the starter and splice those endings from the auto selection switch. Turned the key and she fired first time on the video.

Yeah, bags is the only way you can get lower than me. I am going to lift up my car for 5" of pan clearance for the trip to Bimmerfest. Then spin my springs down once I get there. I don't want to take my pan out in the 4.5hr trip there. I AM bring a spare oilpan and my engine beam just in case =)
    Good idea, those roads on the way down are pretty nasty. You can loose a wheel in some of those potholes on the highway. Good to see our tax dollars hard at work lol. Hows the exhaust coming along?

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by KatFish View Post
    Nice to hear it fired right up! good video!

The only thing I've seen lower than this in person was an S-10 with grinding strips and air-bags!
    All I did was clean up the wiring to the starter and splice those endings from the auto selection switch. Turned the key and she fired first time on the video.

Yeah, bags is the only way you can get lower than me. I am going to lift up my car for 5" of pan clearance for the trip to Bimmerfest. Then spin my springs down once I get there. I don't want to take my pan out in the 4.5hr trip there. I AM bring a spare oilpan and my engine beam just in case =)

Leave a comment:

• KatFish
    Guest replied
    Nice to hear it fired right up! good video!

The only thing I've seen lower than this in person was an S-10 with grinding strips and air-bags!

Leave a comment:

• SantaCruzE30
    replied
    Nice!! i want to get the magnaflow exhaust to!

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    I got stuck on pebbles bro haha, the suspension is set for the 17" wheels.

What? details man, I would rather chill GET YOUR ASS THERE!
    I can't :( I head down for college the 21st.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
    Sounds great! And psh, you ain't that low ;)

If all goes as planned, my car should be there, but not I :/

You'll meet my car before you meet me
    I got stuck on pebbles bro haha, the suspension is set for the 17" wheels.

What? details man, I would rather chill GET YOUR ASS THERE!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X