No announcement yet.

No Budget Build "The Glorious Piece of $hit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work man. How much did the electric gun run you?? Looks like it worked pretty good overall
    1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
    sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
    The Build...

Comment

I love the budget projects. This looks like it's actually going to turn out pretty decent!
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Sweet... and great pics :)

Comment

Originally posted by drutt23 View Post
          Nice work man. How much did the electric gun run you?? Looks like it worked pretty good overall
          Gun was 59 off amazon w/ free ship cause of the prime

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
          I love the budget projects. This looks like it's actually going to turn out pretty decent!
          Yeah itl look good, and drive great once im done with her

Originally posted by 89AlpineM3 View Post
          Sweet... and great pics :)
          thanks!

Rolled it out so it can bake in the sun. Looks Damn good. No chance to post pics this morning
          95 Ford PSD : 99 540i M-sport : 89 325i

e39 Rear Muffler Delete Exhaust Video...BMW 540i/6 Fort Devens AutoX, IN-CAR Video...Learn to Re-finish your Headlights (Click for Video)

Comment

Rolled the car out of the bay this morning, nice day and the paint was still a little wet so it needed to bake in the sun and dry off a bit.

So without further delay

Looks good, not enough light for a quality set of pictures, but the paint has smoothed out even more and looks even better.

Not bad for about $105 total

e39 Rear Muffler Delete Exhaust Video...BMW 540i/6 Fort Devens AutoX, IN-CAR Video...Learn to Re-finish your Headlights (Click for Video)

Comment

What's the plan for the front and rear valence?

Comment

What a clapped out POS.

What was the reasoning behind shaving the rear window wing panels?

...and not removing the bumpers before paint.

Comment

kewl

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

the sunroof shape grooves would drive me nuts.

Comment

Quick update on the car, Last night I was able to paint the trim and valance so here ya go, finished product I'll post pictures of the process later.

Comment

Update after a lot got done:

Time to paint trim and the lowers of the vehicle so I can complete the paint job.

Even stripped (aircraft paint stripper) the window wipers and painted them to remove the rust.

Tinted the tail lights:

Sanded with 2000 grit, cleaned with paint thinner and then went to town with Rustoleum tail tint. I searched around but could not find a single place with VHT in stock, as I have had good luck with it in the past. This rustoleum is ok, I hate the spray nozzle.

More on this later.

And done for the evening

Next Day:

I wet sanded the tinted lights with 2000 grit then wet sanded down to 2500 grit. I used a orbital buffer with polishing compound to do the rest.

Decided to take obligatory vain pictures of my Glorious POS

Time to sand down the mirrors. This is the bit of rice I feel I need to complete the e30. Hate as I sure you will, I love it!

Purchased a oil pan ground cable from a member making these on e30tech. This thing looks sweet and compared to the old one it is way better.

Almost looks like no sheathing is left at all.

Now for Tie-rods for both sides, the rejection sticker that has been defacing my windshield is because the passenger side Tie-rod was way sloppy, figured might as well replace both while I am at it.

Of course as with any of my Mods, gotta rep the Lime green.

And the Rice, behold Lime green mirrors that match absolutely nothing on the outside.

Thanks for viewing expect to see the following in the coming days:

1. 1999 540i Sport Blk/Blk. I just purchased her today (8/24/11)
                        2. Removal of interior completion
                        3. Installation of my Korman suspension including camber and sways

Edit: Added quick pic this morning before work
                        Last edited by jamesthebikeguy; 08-25-2011, 04:59 AM.

Comment

James- I hate to break it to you, but no one is going to care too much about the lime green mirrors since you have and continue to post pictures of cleavage in this thread.

carry on....:)
                          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                            James- I hate to break it to you, but no one is going to care too much about the lime green mirrors since you have and continue to post pictures of cleavage in this thread.

carry on....:)
                            You noticed my diversion tactics did you?

Comment

Me like.

Check out the link below, lots of people have used the same paint, great results, however they rolled it on. Will give you tips to bring out the shine!

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...fpart=all&vc=1

I'm thinking of doing the same.

Comment

Put the green paint away!!!! Atleast till you have some power to back it up.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X