No announcement yet.

No Budget Build "The Glorious Piece of $hit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got to say, i love this thread, sure i wouldn't do the green mirrors, but thats your style, so its all good. but man, i do dig the budget aspect and that paint job is WIN

looking forward to more updates
    1985 325e - a cheap work in progress
    http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Insane E30 View Post
      got to say, i love this thread, sure i wouldn't do the green mirrors, but thats your style, so its all good. but man, i do dig the budget aspect and that paint job is WIN

looking forward to more updates
      Thanks man.

Today I fix mounted the passenger side, and will be figuring out a mount for the drivers side soon.

Some quick pics, they will look pretty nice when both are installed.

Im pretty happy, just need a roll bar soon so I can do harnesses.
      95 Ford PSD : 99 540i M-sport : 89 325i

e39 Rear Muffler Delete Exhaust Video...BMW 540i/6 Fort Devens AutoX, IN-CAR Video...Learn to Re-finish your Headlights (Click for Video)

Comment

Since the weather was getting nice I decided to tackle my atrocity that happened during a joy ride one nice winter day.

Unfortunately the fuel pump died on the ride and I was towed home.

Haven't played with it, as its my Final year in college and I have a 40+hr a week job. So I drove my other 2 vehicles for the season.

I did however purchase a "new" used pump. Installed that over easter weekend, with no avail. The "new" pump was failed as well. I checked this by placing direct power from the battery to the pump and couldn't get any function out of it. Out of frustration I tried the original pump and magically the pump functioned.

I replaced the fuel pump fuse that was blown when the car broke down in winter. And she started.

Deciding to push my luck I took it out for a ride with the faulty original pump.

Well it ended like this:

Yep, the tow vehicle dragging the car about a mile back to my house, and further damaging the splitter that the Tow truck driver tore off the first time LOL.

Came to my senses, and have ordered a NEW Walbro 255lph high pressure pump and will be hard wiring the pump to a toggle switch to eliminate any possibility of a shorting issue that blew the fuse and or the pump originally.

Small update as I get far more anxious to get her back on the road and installing parts for this autoX season. I have at least a full weeks worth of parts sitting in my garage waiting install, but I won't do anything until I have it running again so I know the work will be validated.
        Last edited by jamesthebikeguy; 04-10-2012, 07:50 PM.
        95 Ford PSD : 99 540i M-sport : 89 325i

e39 Rear Muffler Delete Exhaust Video...BMW 540i/6 Fort Devens AutoX, IN-CAR Video...Learn to Re-finish your Headlights (Click for Video)

Comment

Wow this much progress in 4 pages, awesome. Is this "low budget" compared to your other cars?
          BMW tech
          Umass Amherst
          05 wrx sti

Comment

I love all of the green on this, awesome car.
            sigpic

'88 325is-daily
            '89 325is-project
            '84 633csi-its there
            '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
            '01 525i- sold

Comment

Working...
            X