Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack Motorsports Rally e30 318i (now with M50) - and some Porsche 924S stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a rear, side window mount? Thats where I put mine normally, awesome view.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

yeah, I need to get a few more stick-on mounts. For autocross I"ve always used the suction mount, and put it all over the place (windows, fenders, bumpers, etc). I also have a stick-on mount on my helmet that I'll use.

Really wish I had the new GoPro with the mic jack, since the old ones have terrible wind noise, which is no fun.
      Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
      Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop
      visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

btw, you and spencer need to update your build thread :)
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

She's coming together :D Just need to finish the front suspension, do wheel bearings and a few little things. Updates as it happens!

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
            btw, spencer needs to update his build thread :)
            Fixed. The only thing Stuart had done with the car is whip it around in a parking lot and then take 2 wheels off.
            sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
            Build Thread:
            Current ongoing build. Check it out!
            1991 318is 4dr rallycross
            Rallycross Build Thread.
            1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
              Fixed. The only thing Stuart had done with the car is whip it around in a parking lot and then take 2 wheels off.
              hey, you wouldn't have even been able to put gas in it if it weren't for me :D

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
                lol.....well, he did pick up the tires
                Track/street e21 build
                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                  1. Engine. It runs fine, sounds fine. I'm still paranoid about old engines on long drives, and Summit is about 100 miles from here and 100 miles back after the event. I'll probably do a few hour-long weekend drives locally just to ease my mind.
                  No way is Summit 100 miles away from your place, unless you're taking the super-super-super-dooper-long way. It's not even 100 miles from my place. :)

That said, some long local drives will help build your confidence in the car, I'm sure it will do great. My home -> work -> mom's place -> Summit trek is just a bit over 100 miles and my E30 did great. I can't wait to do it again since I really love driving the car.

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
                    No way is Summit 100 miles away from your place, unless you're taking the super-super-super-dooper-long way. It's not even 100 miles from my place. :)

That said, some long local drives will help build your confidence in the car, I'm sure it will do great. My home -> work -> mom's place -> Summit trek is just a bit over 100 miles and my E30 did great. I can't wait to do it again since I really love driving the car.
                    yeah, actually about 75 miles now that I think of it. It's been a couple years since I've been up there. Always seems like longer on the way home! And when I'm in the WRX I'm doing 90mph, as opposed to teh 65 or so I'll be doing int he e30, haha...
                    Track/street e21 build
                    visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

not much new this week, and heading out of town for a few days. In the meantime I did order some Hawk HPS pads because no decent used ones turned up, and these stock-ish ones suck.....

Also ordered the lockplate for the e36 steering rack. We'll see if I have time to install it before the first event....may wait until after.

AND I paid for the DC Region season subscription for SCCA Rallycross - the 2nd most expensive thing I've done since I got the car. No turning back now! First event is March 18th, so just working out the last little kinks and need to get the tires mounted.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Did you make any progress dropping the steering column? That, in combination with an e36 rack, will be a huge difference in anything motorsport oriented. Take lots of pics (have others take pics of you) at your rallyx events!
                        S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                        What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

nah, maybe I'll give it another go this weekend, we'll see. I don't have a terrible issue with the steering angle, I have fairly long arms anyhow, and the 350mm wheel. I really hate being under the dash with the damn dremel, haha...

and yes, expect many pics from the first event. Plus there's usually a good photographer there getting everyone. My crappy camera is good for snapshots, not so good for action. I'll also be running a GoPro for vid....
                          Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

so far 14 cars signed up in the first 9 hours for the first event. 11 Subarus, a stock civic, and in my class the RX-7 that won it last year, with two drivers. I may be the slowest car out there in terms of horsepower, haha...
                            Track/street e21 build
                            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Stuart will be bringing his camera. And we'll have the go pro on our car as well. :)
                              sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                              Build Thread:
                              Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                              1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                              Rallycross Build Thread.
                              1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

great thread looking to flock my cracked dash soon props

Comment

Working...
                                X