Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack Motorsports Rally e30 318i (now with M50) - and some Porsche 924S stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would they water it down mid day? I thought it was something you did to keep the course consistent. bah! I wanted to wander by but I got busy on my end of the track :(

When's next one?

Comment

photobucket album with all the pics if anyone wants to look:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

oh, and did I mention it snowed on the drive home? Me in an e30 with Star Specs, towing a trailer, in the snow....nice.
      Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
      Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop
      visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

lol @ noting your wins for the year on the side of your car. I would too if I won anything.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
          why would they water it down mid day? I thought it was something you did to keep the course consistent. bah! I wanted to wander by but I got busy on my end of the track :(

When's next one?
          They water it when there is too much dust going over onto the main circuit (which they don't like, for obvious reasons).

They would have waited until after the run group, but because of the delay with the busted subie they wouldn't wait.

Rally-x is kind of the red-headed stepchild at Summit since it's the main track that brings in the big bucks for the track, not us..... So we have to grin and bear the water truck....we gotta keep the track happy so we can keep coming there.

That said, we're all used to it and it isn't usually an issue. Just today they did it in the MIDDLE of a run group, which screwed everything up. Usually they'll wait until between run groups for us. Today was just an anomoly.
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
            lol @ noting your wins for the year on the side of your car. I would too if I won anything.
            if you knew those guys (4 drivers drive that car at events) and how beat-up that car is, you'd get why they put those there. It's more for the sake of irony and people saying "that nasty-looking car won???" than anything else.

I mean, last year they literally had holes in the trunk floor that you could stick your arm though. This season they're fixing it up to keep up with the other e30s who are upgrading. They were the "original" Dirty e-Thirty in rallycross in this area. It's because of them I decided on an e30 to do rallycross in.
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Yoshi - next event is April 21st, IIRC.
              Track/street e21 build
              visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                Rally-x is kind of the red-headed stepchild at Summit since it's the main track that brings in the big bucks for the track, not us..... So we have to grin and bear the water truck....we gotta keep the track happy so we can keep coming there.
                I feel the same about drifting man >_< No respect. We also have the most casualties out of any event at summit. I know of at least 4 crashes from this past weekend.

Yoshi - next event is April 21st, IIRC.
                Remind me like a week before hand. I want to be on your pit crew.

Comment

will do.
                  Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Nice meeting everyone over the weekend, it inspired me to blow the dust of my quantum syncro and start prepping it for some rally cross action!

Comment

You too. but you should have jumped in and gotten some ride-alongs (or did you?)

Also, don't know if Ana told you but about half an hour after you left there was a white quantum synchro wagon that came and parked in the rally-x paddock. I didn't see the owner (must have been watching or visiting someone) but the car looked to be in nice condition.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

She did, I have a huge soft spot for those things. I would have loved to chat with the guy that owned that one. Hopefully he'll show up at the next one.

Comment

Nice meeting you and the Dirty e-Thirty crew this past weekend! Jim and I were the guys with the silver 4 door running in PR. This weekend was a "feeler" of sorts for us. Now after experiencing how fun it is and how friendly and laid back everyone is I need to get my e23 sold to free up a rally budget or something. LOL

Comment

Today's wrap:

Big turnout today (60+ cars) and we got a bit of a late start. THe morning course was long (70-80 seconds) and had a few tight sections that gave a lot of the cars fits. We ran on the "big" course with a few grass cut-throughs that were frozen/thawing grass/clay...)

Due to the big turnout, a few issues, and late start we only got 3 runs in the morning. All of mine were clean and I was 6 seconds back from the leader (Roberto in the RX-7 that won PR last year). Not bad, since the tight sections were really slow for me as well. I was clean with no cone hits though.

Afternoon started with the course reversed and the tight sections modified much more to my personal liking. After the first run I had pulled back almost 2 seconds off of Roberto's lead.

Second runs started, and the whole field ran except me and Roberto. THEN a subie blew out an axle on course and the action stopped. IN the wait, the Summit Point water truck decided to come to TWO full runs of the course with water on full. So once the car was clearead, we had most of the class had already run 2 dry runs, with me and Roberto only 1. I was the first runner after the truck. I spun out three times. It was terrible. No traction anywhere (though I did manage to stay on course after using reverse more than once). On the last corner I was so pissed I just decided to pummel a half dozen cones protecting a mud pit, since the day was going to be shot for me one day or the other.

I'm pretty sure, however, that everyone in our class will have their 2nd runs dropped since the two of us (the class leaders) had to run in conditions that made the course 20-30 seconds slows. Final results aren't out, but in the past that's how it's worked.

Rest of the PM runs went fine. It dried out a bit and I drove slower. No major drama, and I had times similar to others. I had some concern with the run order getting out of whack (since Roberto ended up with 2 make-up runs after everyone else had finished and the course had dried out further), but I can't do anything about that and don't know what happened. Whatever. In the end I *should* have 2nd place since I had a decent lead on the 3rd place car (8-10 seconds) before the truck. IDK, we'll see what it shows once the results are up.

An e30 took the PR win as well, I think. Which is impressive if true, since both Shawn (last year's MR champ) was running in PR today (with his interior re-installed) and Gorka (last year's MR #2) was running Roberto's RX7 in that class as well.

Anyhow, was a fun event either way. We had alot of new drivers there (probably 20 or so) and the water truck hiccup...and it was the first event of the season. All in all a good day, though I'll be interested in seeing how the results pan out in the end.

Also, I hear there is video someone shot of me doing all my spinouts in the mud. Which, I will swallow my pride, and post up when I get it.

Will post some pics up in a bit....
                            So you lost...but still beat Jason and I.
                            Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

some epic video of my run directly at the water truck. It doesn't LOOK that slick, but frozen clay+water = it was. You can see by how slow I'm going and still manage to spin it out three times (two which you can see in the vid)

Track/street e21 build
                              visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by swingard View Post
                                Nice meeting you and the Dirty e-Thirty crew this past weekend! Jim and I were the guys with the silver 4 door running in PR. This weekend was a "feeler" of sorts for us. Now after experiencing how fun it is and how friendly and laid back everyone is I need to get my e23 sold to free up a rally budget or something. LOL
                                you guys looked good running out there, though Jim was definitely driving harder than you were, lol!
                                Track/street e21 build
                                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Working...
                                X