Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack Motorsports Rally e30 318i (now with M50) - and some Porsche 924S stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kts View Post
    I've noticed the sound coming from the rear speakers of my car than the fronts. Not sure if that's my lousy wiring, the location/angle of the fronts, or maybe I'm just crazy. I hope the front speakers are enough to drown out the road noise to/from the track.

And I would have killed for that antenna wiring the other day! ;) I added the antenna back mostly so I can listen to 103.5 for traffic reports should I be stuck in traffic while driving the E30.

The rear seat DIY looks good. I like the idea of pop up/down tiedowns for a cargo net.

If painting the rear door cards don't work out you can pick up used cards at junkyards for cheap. Crazy Ray's up near me sell them for $13 each.
    I was at CR's in Jessup last month and I only found 1 e30 (a vert). I hear the other yard to the west has more of a selection.....maybe once it warms up I'll shoot up to the other yard. Do they keep door cards someplace else off the cars, or just leave them out there in the elements?

Btw, I didn't pull the whole antenna (yeah, I saw your issue in your thread, lol). I just pulled it out of the trunk area and deleted the power line to the antenna motor. I'm probably going to stick a shorty on the roof, I think I have a subaru one floating around here someplace. Because I do like my am/fm as well! That, or a big 'ol whip antenna dead-center on the roof, just for retro effect :o
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
      I was at CR's in Jessup last month and I only found 1 e30 (a vert). I hear the other yard to the west has more of a selection.....maybe once it warms up I'll shoot up to the other yard. Do they keep door cards someplace else off the cars, or just leave them out there in the elements?

Btw, I didn't pull the whole antenna (yeah, I saw your issue in your thread, lol). I just pulled it out of the trunk area and deleted the power line to the antenna motor. I'm probably going to stick a shorty on the roof, I think I have a subaru one floating around here someplace. Because I do like my am/fm as well! That, or a big 'ol whip antenna dead-center on the roof, just for retro effect :o
      CR's in Jessup sucks IMHO. I've had far better luck at their other ones closer to Baltimore. Everything is left on the car out in the elements so hopefully you get to it quick! ;) I'll keep an eye out for 4 door E30s with black interiors for you. Since E30s have been a little slim recently they have been sticking around longer, at least at the Hawkins Point CR's.

The Z3/318ti antenna is easy and cheap to swap in if your other antenna plans fall through. It took 2 minutes to pull it from the 318ti I found. I think it should have only been $2 according to CR's price sheet but the :hitler: cashier at the Jessup CR's felt otherwise and charged me $6. Still cheap so whatever. I still hate that place though.

Comment

the garage is currently too cold to work on the car....had the doors open to let the contact cement fumes out. So I've been sitting around doing things in the house, but I keep thinking about my horribly cracked dash.

Yeah I could get an uncracked one, but that's not an expense I want to spend on this car at the moment. So.....I'm gonna pull the dash sometime in the next month, fill the cracks with Bondo.....and FLOCK it :D

Yeah, it might look bad, but it might look good. If it looks bad, then.....well, it currently looks terrible and that would be an upgrade. Plus flocking it DIY will cost me about 25 bucks. If it is total shit, then I'll just get another dash.

Now my only decision is whether to go with black or with dark gray (which will match all my new interior panels, and not show as much dust/dirt as black).....
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
          CR's in Jessup sucks IMHO. I've had far better luck at their other ones closer to Baltimore. Everything is left on the car out in the elements so hopefully you get to it quick! ;) I'll keep an eye out for 4 door E30s with black interiors for you. Since E30s have been a little slim recently they have been sticking around longer, at least at the Hawkins Point CR's.

The Z3/318ti antenna is easy and cheap to swap in if your other antenna plans fall through. It took 2 minutes to pull it from the 318ti I found. I think it should have only been $2 according to CR's price sheet but the :hitler: cashier at the Jessup CR's felt otherwise and charged me $6. Still cheap so whatever. I still hate that place though.
          yeah, so I've heard.. I love pick-n-pulls, even if the cashiers are always crabby! I like just walking around finding random crap I can use for little creative car projects. I never seem to find the actual parts I go looking for, lol.

Damn that yard being so far north...B-more is a hike and a half for me. Basically needs to be a whole-day trip!
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

This this mentioned over on GRM. Good luck with the build, see you in Tulsa!
            Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Since your dash is cracked, you should cover it with that carpet stuff they use on rally car dashboards!

Comment

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
                Since your dash is cracked, you should cover it with that carpet stuff they use on rally car dashboards!
                Actually, I do intend to flock it. That is what alot of rally cars use. And it will cost about $25 to DIY it, which is the major deciding factor!
                Track/street e21 build
                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by GotCone? View Post
                  This this mentioned over on GRM. Good luck with the build, see you in Tulsa!
                  lol....Tulsa may have to wait until a season or two pass and I get it all sorted out. And get more power :)

God, the thought of that drive....:neutral:
                  Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

its looking good! glad to know that the hellas clear the hood.. ive got a pair of them and wondered if they would clear haha
                    Last edited by dnick; 01-04-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                      its looking good! glad to know that the hellas clear the hood.. i wanted to know that haha.
                      thanks. Yeah, and that's with the bumpers pushed in as far as they can go (with the bumper shocks drilled/drained). The lights could go back another inch or two as well.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

thanks. Yeah, and that's with the bumpers pushed in as far as they can go (with the bumper shocks drilled/drained). The lights could go back another inch or two as well.
                        yeah! Alright, thats cool Ive got my bumper in as well.

Are you going to make try to go to any meets?

Comment

yeah! Alright, thats cool Ive got my bumper in as well.

Are you going to make try to go to any meets?
                          IDK, I'm a social guy, but I'm not really much of a "car meet" person. I used to go to one or two a year with the Nissan crew in the Maxima, and have been to a couple Subaru meets in the WRX. THe peopel there are usually cool, but honestly I get kinda bored standing around looking at cars in a parking lot, lol.

I prefer to "meet" at the track, at an autocross, at a rallycross and watch the other cars actually in action, talk with people about driving, etc.

Really though, with a wife and kid I only have a few days here and there where I can just go out and do car things for a full Saturday or whatever, and those day's I'd rather be at the track, etc..

I had more time to just stand around and hang out when I was younger and singler :o
                          Last edited by irish44j; 01-04-2012, 07:04 PM.
                          Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Actually, I do intend to flock it. That is what alot of rally cars use. And it will cost about $25 to DIY it, which is the major deciding factor!
                            please elaborate :D

Comment

IDK, I'm a social guy, but I'm not really much of a "car meet" person. I used to go to one or two a year with the Nissan crew in the Maxima, and have been to a couple Subaru meets in the WRX. THe peopel there are usually cool, but honestly I get kinda bored standing around looking at cars in a parking lot, lol.

I prefer to "meet" at the track, at an autocross, at a rallycross and watch the other cars actually in action, talk with people about driving, etc.

Really though, with a wife and kid I only have a few days here and there where I can just go out and do car things for a full Saturday or whatever, and those day's I'd rather be at the track, etc..

I had more time to just stand around and hang out when I was younger and singler :o
                              Haha I understand! Well, I know this year I will be making it out to summit point for some track days and drift events, so maybe I'll see you around?

Comment

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
                                please elaborate :D
                                Here's a good example

It's good for covering beat-up dashes and getting rid of all sun glare. And cheap. And it looks decent if done well. I'll be happy if mine turns out "ok" lol...

they sell DIY kits that I've seen some good results from, albeit maybe not as good as the ones done by professionals. Anyhow, with my old nasty cracked dash I'll give it a go.....nothing to lose!

Haha I understand! Well, I know this year I will be making it out to summit point for some track days and drift events, so maybe I'll see you around?
                                Yeah, actually the first time I saw a rallycross going on at Summit, I was crewing for the 12-hour enduro on the main circuit, we towed our 100-gallon fuel cart to the pumps to fill it up and some guy in a muddy-ass lifted VW pulled up at the otherside of the pump to get some race gas. I was like "I must do that"

You know Brandon Campbell and Yoshi Jeffry, I assume since you drift an e30?
                                Last edited by irish44j; 01-04-2012, 07:33 PM.
                                Track/street e21 build
                                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Working...
                                X