No announcement yet.

The complete repair, rebuild, repaint, and v8 swap of my early model sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin, I still feel like you should do an awesome removable core support write up. Unless one already exist..

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
      Justin, I still feel like you should do an awesome removable core support write up. Unless one already exist..
      There's nothing to write about it...

1. Cut core support out
      4. Install engine in 4 minutes flat, while blindfolded and playing Edward FortyHands with Old E
      2. Bolt core support in
      3. ???
      5. Profit!

Here's some pics, should be fairly self explanatory:

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Keep us posted when you find a manual DME!
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
          Keep us posted when you find a manual DME!
          I'm not bothering. Ryan is using an automatic e32 DME, which is what I'm using, and his car doesn't run like a giant piece of shit, as mine does.

I'm going to get the scanner back on my car and spend some more time getting live data. Last time on the scanner, the fuel trims were not being adjusted, which, IMO, means it wasn't going into closed loop. That is a problem. Maybe my new leak-free exhaust fixed that by stopping the intake of unmetered/unburnt oxygen before the o2 sensors, and now I'll be able to see what the trims are doing. Or, the exhaust didn't fix that, and I still need to figure out why it's not adjusting them. That's my priority.

Comment

Man, that was a kick ass write up! lol
            From everything I gathered, a 404 is a 404. Manual and trans are supposed to be the same minus the chip that changes the way it behaves between transmission. You've already done that.
            I have another 404 you can use if you need it. It's from a manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
              Man, that was a kick ass write up! lol
              From everything I gathered, a 404 is a 404. Manual and trans are supposed to be the same minus the chip that changes the way it behaves between transmission. You've already done that.
              I have another 404 you can use if you need it. It's from a manual.
              If you have any questions, just PM me. It's one of those things where once the front end is torn apart, you'll see what needs done.

Yeah, the manual chip is what I was after. It's easier to find a whole DME then it is to find a chip, haha. I've tried a total of three automatic chips, all have done the same thing. The only manual chip I've tried is the DUDMD tune, which causes the stalling and gets rid of some of the hesitation when off/on the throttle. But, I'm not worried about it any more, since Ryan is running an auto chip/DME without any issues.

Comment

Picked up a brand new leather 370mm M-Tech II wheel. It is AMAZING.

Comment

Sweet! Source? Heard they had gone up in price recently
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                    Sweet! Source? Heard they had gone up in price recently
                    Danny @ imbmparts.com

Yes, they very recently skyrocketed. Current prices are $620-$750.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      Danny @ imbmparts.com

Yes, they very recently skyrocketed. Current prices are $620-$750.
                      Jesus, that's pricey. You can get a a running e30 for that much.
                      E30 buildy things
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Glad you like it Justin!

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                          I'm not bothering. Ryan is using an automatic e32 DME, which is what I'm using, and his car doesn't run like a giant piece of shit, as mine does.

I'm going to get the scanner back on my car and spend some more time getting live data. Last time on the scanner, the fuel trims were not being adjusted, which, IMO, means it wasn't going into closed loop. That is a problem. Maybe my new leak-free exhaust fixed that by stopping the intake of unmetered/unburnt oxygen before the o2 sensors, and now I'll be able to see what the trims are doing. Or, the exhaust didn't fix that, and I still need to figure out why it's not adjusting them. That's my priority.
                          Cool!

That steering wheel is fricking pimp!
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Today I decided to install my sunroof headliner panel, since I never installed it after I painted the car. 15 minutes into the simple task, the thing somehow ended up cocked at an angle, fully wedged into the tracks, and neither the sunroof nor the headliner panel would move forward, backward, up, down, or sideways. The entire assembly was 100% jammed and no reasonable force would free anything. My blood pressure elevated rather rapidly, and within minutes, I had a prybar in one hand and a 4-1/2" grinder in the other. I was yelling so loud that the neighbors dog started barking. But, I got the headliner panel out and the sunroof is once again moving freely.

Needless to say, I will need to purchase another one and try again. And yes, I have removed and installed this panel before. Probably 30 times. This time, things just didn't work out for the panel. RIP, panel.

Comment

:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post

+1
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28