No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw you changed your cam at the same time, but did you notice a difference in the exhaust manifold?

I have both at the moment and am debating on which to use. It seems the second one with the long tubes would flow better. Any input?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

are you talking about when I changed my cam on the M20^

7speedshop.com

Comment

Hey Kameron, how about twin turbo?

Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
        https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

getting ready to cut the front of the car off. rolled the front sheet metal near the flares to fit more wide, need to cutout rad support-repair/reinforce/repaint. Re wire a few things to clean up that mess, make room for huge intercooler, then finish the 3.5l

[IMG]
          https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/10418845_4234346794833_516830921314217527_n.jpg[/IMG]

7speedshop.com

Comment

first build was pretty epic to read and catch up on.....this one follows suit.
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Sub'd cause I will be going M30 turbo soon as well and this will help me lots.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Timing belts will soon be a distant memory.
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                  are you talking about when I changed my cam on the M20^
                  Yes, how did your two m20 exhaust manifolds compare?
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Going to be following this closely as you have the same plans as me I'm doing my swap as I post this..

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

got a crack free block and machined crank from Titan Omega. Can finally start putting the M30 together.
                      Last edited by kamotors; 06-15-2014, 10:28 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

parts update
                        good-n-tight t4 manifold

machined and balanced crank will need to use first under bearings now

oil pump cleaned

pistons cleaned

new hardware for the trans

7speedshop.com

Comment

Glad I was able to help I can't wait to see this thing on the road.
                          Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Love your car, it's awesome you're always toying with it. The m30t will be awesome in that thing. Especially after what you have done already with your m20. I can't wait to do an I swap on my eta, and eventually rebuild the bottom end and have everything balaced and stroked to 2.8. Then when I get bored turbo for a 250-300 ft-lbs range. Nothing huge but a nice wide torque band. Also love the fender flares! I want a set after I fix the few rust spots, respray and have late model bumpers and valences. Glad I picked one of these up.

Comment

Damn you move pretty quick

Comment

SO pulled the m20 and ripped out anything useful from it.

For the M30 I dropped off all the bottom end parts to AIMS machine shop and I'm going to have them check everything over and assemble the bottom end.

you can see why im doing the m30 swap now, m20s block has been cracked for over a year now due to a pretty bad overheat last year, but crack was minor and I never lost coolant untill last month when all of a sudden a gallon disappeared into my oil, I changed the oil, changed headgasket,and studs but it wasnt saveable. The block finally cracked to the point of not being drivable. Dumped coolant into my oil from head stud hole made a huge muddy mess into the oil pan.

Last edited by kamotors; 06-17-2014, 09:44 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X