No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent got the trans off yet. the clutch is some mystery clutch that todd at TCD sold me, he wouldnt tell me what "stage" just thats its good for 500+ ft lbs was not given a part number and i've asked multiple times. All I know is the pressure plate was manufactured by sachs but had a clutchmasters sticker on it.
    Last edited by kamotors; 11-16-2014, 08:58 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
      I havent got the trans off yet. the clutch is some mystery clutch that todd at TCD sold me, he wouldnt tell me what "stage" just thats its good for 500+ ft lbs was not given a part number and i've asked multiple times. All I know is the pressure plate was manufactured by sachs but had a clutchmasters sticker on it.
      This makes me believe it is some mass produced clutch that is able to hold a decent amount of power but is a clutch made for another car making it cheap to make more of a profit margin. This is all speculation but what is there to hide where a part number would cause issues?

Comment

Is it segmented kevlar ?

Comment

I had the exact same noise/issue with my m42 turbo car. Ended up being the flywheel. Bolts somehow came loose and needed to be retorqued. Be sure when you do that you use locktite/threadlock since removing them pulls off the OEM thread lock.

M42 turbo build.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

^ Good one, loose flywheel could easily make that noise.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

the noise goes away with rpm, a loose flywheel would get worse I'd assume.

also no updates on this car, but I've got to say a 325IX is a BLAST to drive. you'd never know its AWD untill your really on the edge.

The way the IX can slide roundabouts is unbelievable, I was questioning whether the AWD was working it was so easy to slide.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                the noise goes away with rpm, a loose flywheel would get worse I'd assume.

also no updates on this car, but I've got to say a 325IX is a BLAST to drive. you'd never know its AWD untill your really on the edge.

The way the IX can slide roundabouts is unbelievable, I was questioning whether the AWD was working it was so easy to slide.
                In my experience that noise is generally associated with a grenaded transmission or my latest experience loose flywheel bolts. My noise would go away with rpm.

M42 turbo build.

Comment

Originally posted by jntar View Post
                  My noise would go away with rpm.
                  Centrifugal force. As the flywheel travels faster, it tends to "straighten out".
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

wow - $100? better get down on your knees and thank God. ahahaha nice score!
                    91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                    ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      Centrifugal force. As the flywheel travels faster, it tends to "straighten out".

Also, at low speeds (idle) there is more time between power pulses and thus more unevenness and kickback causing more noise for a loose component.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        Also, at low speeds (idle) there is more time between power pulses and thus more unevenness and kickback causing more noise for a loose component.

You mean like my m20/g260 TOB does at less than 800 idle? lol
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          You mean like my m20/g260 TOB does at less than 800 idle? lol
                          My g240 with a lightened m20 setup sounds like death as well lol! Always getting looks at stop lights.

M42 turbo build.

Comment

You got that trans off yet?
                            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

He's too busy wasting time on that H6 swapped GM8
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

truth:( buuuuut i may get another E30 this week. so I'll have 5 car, 2 subies and 3 E30's lol

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X