Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    after all that prep work you didn't remove the windshields =(
    no and i really really wish i had so, Me and glass never get along to well and i was under the impression of having someone coming i to do it would be super expensive but i was wrong. Shortly after the car got painted a tree fell on my dd and i had to pay to get a new window and it was only like 200 installed, i couldn't believe is was that cheap but too late now, live and learn :/

lately I've been slowly wet sanding, which drives my insane haha, so im not in any hurry cause snows going to be flying soon
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Haven't posted any pics in awhile so here's the next update ;)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356807905.827790.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	7148939

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356807931.688454.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7148940

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356808021.514012.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	7148941

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356808123.323309.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	7148942

Almost everything is together, I just have to finish up the bumpers lip and skirts and etc...

It's all wet sanded and buffed out with no orange peel. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will be 100% together!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Can't wait to see her all put together.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

almost 2 years and probably over 10 thousand later here it is
          the color is alpinweiss lll

I wish i had something better then cellphone pictures cause it looks a lot sharper in person, one day ill get a nice camera and pull it out and get some nice photos. I'm inching to take it for a ride now but i need to wait for a little till the roads get a little better.

I'm sure a lot of people won't like that fact that it looks like every other white e30 and I "destroyed another ix" but i like it and i'm happy with it.

In spring ill get the windows tinted, I'm thinking either 35% in the back and 50% for the front or 35% all the way around. Either way I don't like blacked out windows but it does look like a fish tank right now haha.
          Last edited by nomansland92; 02-24-2013, 07:46 AM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

So how was the bumper swap? I am getting the twin to yours' its an 88 325ix 5 speed.. I'd like to do the bumper swap this summer if possible...

Nice work, beautiful car.

Comment

thanks,

And for the swap the front is a easy direct bolt on you just need the shocks and turn signals. I had trouble with the rear for some reason but everyone told me it was direct bolt on so i think it was just my car because i think it was wrecked at one point. For the rear you need to fill or plug all the little holes that the black trim bolts on or your trunk will leak.

Heres a new pic and the next project.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That's wht I was considering

Comment

more info on the new project! i just picked up a 1991 ix :D

Comment

my plan is to rebuild the motor with a "master-e performance head" and new rings, bearings and a polish for the bottom if everything is with in spec. I'm not going for anything crazy just a modest 12psi. The turbo is a holset hx35 with 12cm exhaust housing. just a standard cummins turbo but externally gated.
                    I also have ground control coil overs that need to be installed.
                    Should be a fun but expensive project

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Cool project, nice safe ix. Looks mazing those finished pic. :) keep it going
                      https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                      https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Took some pictures the other week, this one turned out pretty nice. I'm still trying to get a hang of photoshop but I'm getting better haha. Ground controls are on and dam near everything bushing, bearing, or rubber part was replaced when I did it. But now the car seams to understeer kinda bad or at least worse then before, but I haven't got it aligned yet so hopefully that will help. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370699964.791122.jpg
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	7156669

I also rebuild that old turbo. I picked up a brand new real cheap so ill probably never use this but it looks nice at least Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370700095.555565.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	7156670

I'm still planing on pulling the motor this winter and boosting It if everything goes right. Ill keep this thread up to date .

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Awesome i love this ix.....Awesome work you have done ;)
                          https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                          https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Wow. Great restoration. Thanks for sharing the work!

Comment

Quite the ix. Love the turbo idea can't wait to see that finished
                              sigpic

Comment

you are missing the fender flares!
                                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X