The Legend of Ron Burgundrot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
    So, bought a few more things for this bitch.

Aluminium mounts for the sheet metal shifter cartridge, M Tech 1 wheel and new eBay roundels(if they're shit I won't use them) and the most important thing of all; an oil pan gasket.

Was thrashing her around some twisty hills roads, got airborne over a bump and killed the sump. Luckily it was only a small hole so I was able to patch it up in a super ghetto way. Waiting on delivery of a gasket so I can get under there and swap it over.

If anyone wants to see some really dodgy repairs; here ya' go. No need to tell me to stop being lazy and change it over, I know the repair is less than ideal but it's holding oil until my gasket arrives.

Top stuff with the ghetto. You going on the BMW cruise on the 11th next month?
    sigpic

Comment

Throwout bearing maybe?
      ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
      ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zasz View Post
        Throwout bearing maybe?
        That's what my dad(qualified mechanic of 30 years) said was making the squealing noise but since then it's got worse so I thought the clutch might be on it's way out too. Can't be sure until I get it apart and have a look.

Massimo, I may be on that cruise but not too sure. I may be stranded at home, with this in the crash shop because some n00b hit me and I need it fixed before rust starts developing.
        M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

That's what my dad(qualified mechanic of 30 years) said was making the squealing noise but since then it's got worse so I thought the clutch might be on it's way out too. Can't be sure until I get it apart and have a look.

Massimo, I may be on that cruise but not too sure. I may be stranded at home, with this in the crash shop because some n00b hit me and I need it fixed before rust starts developing.
          Meh I have had a dent in the side of my car for a few years now lol ill get around to it. Cool I think ill be going not sure though.
          sigpic

Comment

Mine is a bit more than a dent and it's in such a bad place (rear quarter). One of my father's friends is a panel beater and he said he can get it pretty much perfect without any body filler, then just a small layer (1mm) to make it mint and paint it for $500 + cost of materials.

Comment

Take his offer. Love your car.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Thanks, dude. I love it too, when it works. E30's :roll:

Definitely going to get my dad's friend to do the repairs. Even if it doesn't come out perfect, a full re-spray is planned for next year, so I could have a whole section welded in when I get that done.

The plan is to source either an M Tech 1, or Zender kit before it gets painted. Gold/Bronze pinstripes will be coming too.
                Last edited by OniKyan; 10-24-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

The gold pin stripe sounds like a nice old-school feel.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

There are two diameters to choose from when talking about a mtech1 wheel FYI. Maybe you got the larger of the two which really isn't that big, but then again it shouldn't be bigger than the standard wheel I don't believe. Maybe post a pic of the two wheels..?

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

My car has almost exactly the same damage. Popped some of it back out by removing the seats and the door card and pushing it with my foot. Good luck and make sure and post pics of the repair.
                      sigpic

Comment

So, I bought myself one of these for my parts/track car.

I paid $100 for the engine, ECU and loom.

It's a Toyota 1MZ V6. All Alloy, 3 litre, 24 valve. Makes 156kw at 5,800RPM and 328nm at 4,400RPM. Same bolt pattern as Toyota S series engines so it should be pretty easy to convert to RWD. Only problem I may encounter is with the starter motor.

Obviously mine doesn't look as good as the one in the pictures and I still have to tear it out of the 1998 Camry.

Comment

So, I bought myself one of these for my parts/track car.

I paid $100 for the engine, ECU and loom.

It's a Toyota 1MZ V6. All Alloy, 3 litre, 24 valve. Makes 156kw at 5,800RPM and 328nm at 4,400RPM. Same bolt pattern as Toyota S series engines so it should be pretty easy to convert to RWD. Only problem I may encounter is with the starter motor.

Obviously mine doesn't look as good as the one in the pictures and I still have to tear it out of the 1998 Camry.
                          Hmmm I will need to see this at some point.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                            Hmmm I will need to see this at some point.
                            Help me pull it out of the Camry ;)

Comment

Help me pull it out of the Camry ;)
                              Sounds like a fun Avo. Maybe monday Avo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Burgundrots make my heart sing.

Comment

Working...
                                X