The Legend of Ron Burgundrot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
    My dad's a jerk. I had everything disconnected and basically the entire front end taken off the Camry, just needed to get it into the shed to use the engine lifter and he went and sold the car for parts because "it's taking up space". I told him numerous times, just help me push it into the shed so we can get rid of it but nope. So I told him he owes me the $200 I paid for the engine, loom, ECU etc and he was like "no, you should have taken it out". Fucking jerk.

Already have the tyres, they're on my current wheels, probably only done around 3,000km but I might have to look on TireRack when I want to upgrade to 205/50's.
    That sux bro. I maybe selling my tires soon if i do ill hit you up with a good deal. Since I moved into my new house I have all the crazy ideas now lol. did you ever get the info you need on the carb set up. that would be sweet as.
    sigpic

Comment

Nah, not really. I just don't know how to go about making the linkage between the carbs. Two sets of 41mm Yamaha R1 carbs will only cost around $400 and I've got a mate that can make the manifold cheap, so it's not goin to be a big expense compared to computer + itb though. I just don't know how to make the linkage, or even where to go. It's definitely going to happen but it will be the last step. First step will be setting up the ignition with an MSD 6AL, then dropping in a rebuilt 320i head + 2.7 bottom end, then sort out the carbs.

Ohhh, I don't know how to rebuild diffs. A friend works at a diff shop and he is doing a cheap cashy for me. Including pressing in the poly diff mount.
      M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
        Nah, not really. I just don't know how to go about making the linkage between the carbs. Two sets of 41mm Yamaha R1 carbs will only cost around $400 and I've got a mate that can make the manifold cheap, so it's not goin to be a big expense compared to computer + itb though. I just don't know how to make the linkage, or even where to go. It's definitely going to happen but it will be the last step. First step will be setting up the ignition with an MSD 6AL, then dropping in a rebuilt 320i head + 2.7 bottom end, then sort out the carbs.

Ohhh, I don't know how to rebuild diffs. A friend works at a diff shop and he is doing a cheap cashy for me. Including pressing in the poly diff mount.
        Going to be a sweet M20. Sucks on the diff build really want to find someone who can teach me the basics on a full rebuild.

Yeh linkage is a bit of a pain. I have a few ideas but all require some fabbing.
        sigpic

Comment

It should be a lot better than what it is now. The reason I'm doing the ignition first is because it sucks. Half the time I stomp on the loud pedal, spark breaks down at around 4,000RPM and it feels like I'm driving a 2.3 ETA. No fun at all. It's great when it works but 4,500 RPM red lines are very uncool, especially when you just down shifted to overtake a derp.

Not sure if you have seen them but there are actually a few threads online about rebuilding the BMW diffs. Some of them were basically parts lists but there was a really good one where the guy goes into depth and shows you the entire process. When I jump on computer I'll have a look for it.
          Last edited by OniKyan; 07-17-2012, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Yeh I think I have seen them. I think my issue is the input shaft bearing? Something about crushing the bearing if it is to tight. It didn't make sense to me.

Yeh that 4500rpm redline is total awesome lol.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OniKyan
              All the bearings, seals, gaskets, o rings and crush sleeve were around $160 posted, the poly diff mount was $40 posted and my friend is charging $150 to do the rebuild. $350 for a rebuilt diff is not bad.

I could ask my friend if he wants to do another cashy come time for your diff?
              haha yeh if shipping is a problem go with Blunttech they will stuff shit into a platpack if the delievery is cheaper.

Yeh if you mate is keen that would be great. Even if he charges his normal rate and lets me watch would be good just want some first hand experiance with it. Mind you it will be a good 6 months still before I am ready to do a diff.
              sigpic

Comment

So, I bought my first real camera, it's a Pentax K-X with a Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 lens. Still learning how to use the thing since I've only ever had an iPhone as a camera before.

Too many clutch kicks and scandos.

Home made strut brace.

No, I don't really wash my car.

Random intersection.

Still learning to use my camera.

Ron's good side

Ron's ugly side.

Replacement door is primed and waiting for a coat of paint. As soon as that goes on, the rear quarter will be straightened out. It's already had a bit of a bash and is mostly straight now, just needs the door on as a guide to get the lines perfect.
                Last edited by OniKyan; 06-25-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Any chance my timing belt jumped a tooth?

Comment

Have you pressure tested the cylinders? Poping out spark plugs and back firing sounds like interal issues to me. With that kind of pressure you could have distroied the piston rings, which would give you a power drop like that, or valves could have bent under the pressure.
                    sigpic

Comment

Also did a coolant to throttle body bypass while I had it all apart.

Deleted this

Did this

Deleted the hose that went from the throttle body to air slide valve completely. Cut the thermostat to throttle body hose in half and connected that directly to the air slide valve.

Comment

So, I got rear ended by some Uni Student. I was stationary, waiting for a green light and this guy just ran straight into me. Seriously did not even brake at all. The driver was probably texting, checking Face Book, or something equally retarded.

It really doesn't look that bad but the C pillar trim on the right hand side actually popped out and it's sunken right in on the left hand side, so I assume there is more substantial damage than what is visible in that picture.

/End Thread.
                        Last edited by OniKyan; 04-26-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

^^ That sucks.^^
                          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

It's bleeding :(
                            sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

that sucks
                              and by the same guy! bananas

Comment

Yeah, this car has been a string of bad luck.

I hit a kangaroo and destroyed the front bumper.

Some douche reversed out of their car park and hit my right rear side, destroyed a bottle cap and broke my mud flap.

Now some other DB rear ends me.

Hopefully once I get my alpine fixed up, I have better luck with that car. Shame it isn't burgundrot though, my favourite motherfucking colour.
                                Last edited by OniKyan; 09-16-2012, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X