Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

91' 318is S52 Swap "The Beast"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    i dont see why not!

    Comment


      #47
      2.93s is good! Economical and fun to hit 80 in 2nd :D
      -Alex

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
        2.93s is good! Economical and fun to hit 80 in 2nd :D
        Haha! Holy! 80 in second?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

        1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

        Comment


          #49
          Something like that lol i doubt that's accurate, but it's still pretty nice.
          -Alex

          Comment


            #50
            Looking like you are headed in the right direction! I have a turbo e30, work in San Jose and will be moving there soon too!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

            1987 Delphin 325IS
            LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
            Build Thread
            1993 alpine 2 325IC
            •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
              Looking like you are headed in the right direction! I have a turbo e30, work in San Jose and will be moving there soon too!

              I'd love any help you can give me! and I'd like to check out your ride! :)

              What manifold are you running?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

              1989 BMW 325i SOLD
              1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
              1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                Would a 2.93 LSD medium case do well?
                Some boosted guys run them, I never would. The gears are stupid long.
                BimmerHeads
                Classic BMW Specialists
                Santa Clarita, CA

                www.BimmerHeads.com

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                  Some boosted guys run them, I never would. The gears are stupid long.
                  Yeah I probably should run a 3:46.
                  I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to get it in.
                  My 4:10 on now is useless, right?
                  I can't use the case, so it looks like I need to buy a medium case from any e30 and buy a ring and pinion like this?
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/bmw-e30-e36-...#ht_499wt_1416

                  Just found a 2:93 LSD nearby, I might shoot for it
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                  1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                  1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                  1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                  1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                    Yeah I probably should run a 3:46.
                    I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do to get it in.
                    My 4:10 on now is useless, right?
                    I can't use the case, so it looks like I need to buy a medium case from any e30 and buy a ring and pinion like this?
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/bmw-e30-e36-...#ht_499wt_1416

                    Just found a 2:93 LSD nearby, I might shoot for it
                    A 4.10 is pretty short, a 3.73 would be ok but I think the 3.46 is perfect.

                    I've never messed with swapping gears, I only paid $220 for my diff and he included an E30 cover and flanges.
                    BimmerHeads
                    Classic BMW Specialists
                    Santa Clarita, CA

                    www.BimmerHeads.com

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                      A 4.10 is pretty short, a 3.73 would be ok but I think the 3.46 is perfect.

                      I've never messed with swapping gears, I only paid $220 for my diff and he included an E30 cover and flanges.
                      Well I meant the I can't use the cover or anything from the 4:10.

                      I'll figure something out, I hope.

                      1 step at a time
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                      1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                        For the wiring, I was going to pick up a m20 harness and was hoping that would be all that I need for that.
                        Yup. Get a late model harness and it will be either 100% PnP (if you get a wiring harness from a 325i with an airbag), or it will need minor modification (1988 to non airbag 1990 325i).

                        Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

                        Comment


                          #57
                          I have a 2.93 in my boosted E30. Wish I would of went with a higher ratio. By the time you hit boost you are already speeding lol. I'm looking for a 3.25/3.46.
                          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                            I have a 2.93 in my boosted E30. Wish I would of went with a higher ratio. By the time you hit boost you are already speeding lol. I'm looking for a 3.25/3.46.
                            haha is it that bad?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                            1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                              I'd love any help you can give me! and I'd like to check out your ride! :)

                              What manifold are you running?
                              Sure man I'd be happy to help! I'm running the revshift top mount manifold
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                              1987 Delphin 325IS
                              LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
                              Build Thread
                              1993 alpine 2 325IC
                              •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
                                Sure man I'd be happy to help! I'm running the revshift top mount manifold
                                PM'd you!
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                                1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                                1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                                1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                                1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X