Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought My First E30! Any Advice? Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, really interesting, the previous owner was unaware of this. I looked around it it seems your Canada theory holds, didn't know what I was getting myself into! Well I think they're here to stay, any ideas on how to maintain them?

Comment

Great car!! Ill go ahead and put the bug out there. Once you drive for a while, you will probably want to do a 5sp swap. Not too hard and uaually you can find a complete swap for sale here for not too much money. Looks like a great car!!

Comment

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
        Great car!! Ill go ahead and put the bug out there. Once you drive for a while, you will probably want to do a 5sp swap. Not too hard and uaually you can find a complete swap for sale here for not too much money. Looks like a great car!!
        Maybe down the road, at the moment I'm still worried about changing timing belts and what not. Ordered the parts today, can't wait!

Comment

Nice car...congrats!
          sigpic

Comment

Just ordered everything in from Steve at Blunttech, so far I've had a great experience with them.

Comment

Fixed the kick panel, wrestled off the old oil filter and got around to do some basic stuff.
              Hope the parts will ship by the weekend so I can do some real work.
              Loving the car so far!

Comment

Nice pick up man the e30 was my first car too great cars just do all your home work and see what needs to be done and youll love it nothing like and e30 with the top down!

ps euro bumpers are a nice upgrade heres my vert

-His-
                87 e30 325i
                87 e24 m6
                05 e83 x3
                94 e32 740i 5spd
                -Hers-
                89 e30 325i
                18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                  Nice pick up man the e30 was my first car too great cars just do all your home work and see what needs to be done and youll love it nothing like and e30 with the top down!

ps euro bumpers are a nice upgrade heres my vert
                  Thanks man! Really looking forward to starting the real work, up in Canada so haven't had the chance to drop the top yet.

I'd love to grab some euro bumpers in place of the current diving board, also a euro grill, smilies and valance if I see any...

Love your vert!

Comment

Strange. My car is delphin on cardinal, or at least it is supposed to be, but it certainly looks like taurusrot from the pictures. I also have grey carpet.

Comment

sick interior

Comment

Engine M20

Cubical capacity 2.50

Power 125

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour DELPHIN METALLIC (184)

Upholstery CARDINALROT LEDER (0256)

Prod. date 1987-02-26

Comment

tuck and polish those diving boards, don't get plastic bumpers like everyone else. Stay true and show those shiny braces off!!
                          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by lcoleman View Post
                            Strange. My car is delphin on cardinal, or at least it is supposed to be, but it certainly looks like taurusrot from the pictures. I also have grey carpet.
                            I dunno, looks like cardinal to me to be honest. The taurusrot has quite a bit more brown in it, at least that's how I feel mine looks in comparison. I'll get up some better pictures soon.

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                            tuck and polish those diving boards, don't get plastic bumpers like everyone else. Stay true and show those shiny braces off!!
                            Yeah, looking around and had a change of heart. Think I'll keep the metal on, though I'll definitely tuck them. That's quite a ways down the road though, Blunttech shipped out my order today so that should keep me busy for a while :)

Comment

yours is cardinalrot.

the red carpet comes in 87. the black door pulls is that first year too, some people copy that look on purpose but it came from the factory that way.

and yes taurus rot is a lot like brown.

Germans like the word red, they call purple purple red, orange is hell red.

burgundy is called burgendy red.

Comment

Starmar. You're fucking stupid. Please stop spreading all of this misinformation around that you like to post. And to the op, don't listen to that guy, look at his post history and you'll see. But its clear as day you got cardinal int. And the gray carpet is correct, red carpet didn't come around till later in 88.

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X