Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought My First E30! Any Advice? Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great BUY!!! Congrats and welcome!
    90 Merc Gaelendewagen
    91 Alpine White M-technic 4-door
    91 calypsorot M-technic S52 coupe
    91 Silver M-technic 2 Cabrio
    84 Alpina B6 #25/250
    86 Zino BBS coupe
    86 Schwartz 535i
    88 Alpineweis M3
    88 Alpineweis M3

Comment

lol Jason

Yeh blunttech has great customer service. Ask for a special order next time.

Car looks awesome dude.
      sigpic

Comment

Great car to start with! e30 for life. :D

And lol @ stamar, such a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          Starmar. You're fucking stupid. Please stop spreading all of this misinformation around that you like to post. And to the op, don't listen to that guy, look at his post history and you'll see. But its clear as day you got cardinal int. And the gray carpet is correct, red carpet didn't come around till later in 88.
          Thank you for clearing that up. What about those door panels in the third post? Was there a difference in "early" and "late" cardinal? Mine almost certainly looks like the ones he claims to be taurus. My pic is washed out...see how the extinguisher looks orange?

Comment

Originally posted by lcoleman View Post
            Thank you for clearing that up. What about those door panels in the third post? Was there a difference in "early" and "late" cardinal? Mine almost certainly looks like the ones he claims to be taurus. My pic is washed out...see how the extinguisher looks orange?
            There is no late or early cardinal. Cardinal is Cardinal. It just tends to fade a little wierd over time. And also how the camera picks up the lighting too with the reds make it look different in pictures. And Taurus is pretty dark red when compaired to the others! So it can't be mixed up as Cherry, Cardinal, or Crimson.
            Last edited by JasonC; 04-12-2012, 06:04 AM.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I guess it does fade weird. Mine looks nothing like the "cardinal" in #3 but matches the "taurus" exactly.#15 is especially enlightening, mine looks nothing like that.

Strange. I think there is more to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by lcoleman View Post

Strange. I think there is more to the story.
                Not really, Starmar just has his screwed up thinking in your head right now lol. But i do encourage to do your own research and find out what you can, to all the reds offered in e30's. And if you want, there should be a tag/piece of paper attached to the rear seat. If someone hasnt removed it already, and it tells you the color on it of the seat. IIRC i found mine on the seat bottom when i was doing a super cleaning to the int of mine lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  Starmar. You're fucking stupid. Please stop spreading all of this misinformation around that you like to post. And to the op, don't listen to that guy, look at his post history and you'll see. But its clear as day you got cardinal int. And the gray carpet is correct, red carpet didn't come around till later in 88.

I posted all the correct information I even posted the factory colors available.

It said there was no taurus rot that year.

But it looks like taurus rot to me. I dont know whats wrong with you actually or if I should waste any time with it. I think I actually copied the years available from you. Maybe just one of them.

I typed in taurusrot e30 into google and most look like the ops seats.
                  heres one at random
                  Buy Instagram followers from InsFollowPro, starting at just $0.10. Fast, authentic, and affordable growth.

theres a few here on the interior forum too. But they are all from 86 and before like they should be.

However, I have never found another convertible taurusrot interior on the internet posted and labeled such....

So your research may vary I never heard of one. Im pretty sure I said that a few times. Nothing incorrect actually at all on double checking. Nothing rude either. More than I can say for you.
                  Vinyl and leather wouldnt fade to the same color normally...
                  Theres a thing on bimmerforums where if you give them your vin they come back with the factory equipment you may want to try someday.

Im sure I said that too already. Im sure the op read it all and understood the factors correctly.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

if the op has time please post your vin in this thread.
                  Last edited by stamar; 04-12-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

icoleman, yours looks like cardinal to me.
                    You might confuse someone posting it here actually. Not me but...theres no difference of opinion on your seats actually they are cardinal.

The only one that looks like taurusrot is farintosh the orignal poster. But it must not be...definitely a strange lighting. Definitely look different Im sure everyone agrees, worth checking into.

Jason C is who I copied the colors from so I value his opinion on seats if he says the ops are cardinal thats something. I never said there were taurusrot seats in 87 in fact I said like 4 times there arent and copied the bmw catalog.... whos confused? Sorry I cant reach you.

I dont think theres anything weird about yours(icoleman) just how they fade.
                    Last edited by stamar; 04-12-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks Stamar for your insight, really interesting. You've certainly convinced me of the colour, it may not be clear in pictures but it is nothing like any cardinal interior I've seen before. The vin number is "WBABB2303H8855201" if this helps sort it out, though I feel it will probably just add to the confusion. I understand that taurusrot was not in post-86' cars though to see it you would believe it. I'll look for some identification. Any way how this could happen? Surplus maybe?

Really appreciate the opinions of everyone, interesting stuff!

Comment

I have an 87 Vert too.. I am in the process of swapping in a M50 and plastic bumpers. I really didn't enjoy the m20 so much due to the ticking (especially with the top down) so I decided to do the swap. I managed to do it on a budget so far and have less than 1000 into the whole swap.

I also began hitting up the pick and pull yards and found a matching color plastic bumper set for $120 bucks so I recently dumped the diving boards.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok. Whole picture looks unsaturated..
                          sigpic

Comment

In case you're in need of an analog clock, click my sig ;)
                            Welcome to the community!

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                              In case you're in need of an analog clock, click my sig ;)
                              Welcome to the community!
                              Thanks! I have to admit those clocks would make a pretty sweet addition. Another thing to add to my list :D

Originally posted by jasonbk View Post
                              Ok. Whole picture looks unsaturated..
                              I'll get some new pictures up once it stops raining out here. I agree it looks funny out of natural light.

Comment

Parts arrived, no duty :P
                                Changed the air filter right away, can't believe the difference!
                                Hopefully I can do the belts some time this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X