Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 years - 1991 325ix, Stroker/5-Speed (N52 swap?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x7.5
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That is such a great look you have going. Clean and nicely lowered.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        15x7.5
        Thanks. I love the aggressive look. Glad to hear you use those tires to and from the track. I will most likely do the same.

Comment

any guesses what this might be for?

some soldering fun..

I'll have to update the 2012 post pretty soon here, although I didn't do much beyond the suspension at the end of last year.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You going to start bench flashing, or are you stimulating?
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I'm already bench flashing

the harness adapter is dual purpose but you've got one of them nailed :)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

S54 dme? I like you silver ix. It looks super clean.
                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

We need to chat some. I have been doing a lot of reading/studying of the Siemens .bin files.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Fantastic writeup man! I've neglected my E30 for too long and will finally be giving it some much needed TLC. I've been running a completely stock ecu in conjunction w/ 17# injectors, schrick 284/272 cam and headers etc for the past 5 years, it's time for an ecu upgrade and I think MS will be the way to go. Thanks for resparking my love for my car!:D
                    09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                    05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                    87 BMW 325is
                    a few bicycles

Comment

This very cool project to read and follow. Awesome updates for that ix. Geep it going
                      https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                      https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

dusted off the rieger lip.. it seems like we aren't having a winter this year, so the snows will come off soon too:

it's almost 11 years now, about time to edit the title. :p
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          dusted off the rieger lip.. it seems like we aren't having a winter this year, so the snows will come off soon too:

it's almost 11 years now, about time to edit the title. :p
                          Hey Nando,
                          How do you like the coilovers by WOT-Tech, what I mean is how do you like the way it rides and what are the springs rates? I also have a set of spares to become coilovers! I seen yours as they were being done!Thanks.
                          Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
                            Hey Nando,
                            How do you like the coilovers by WOT-Tech, what I mean is how do you like the way it rides and what are the springs rates? I also have a set of spares to become coilovers! I seen yours as they were being done!Thanks.
                            well, they did a great job on the welding/fabrication. I haven't been able to plug John as much as I'd like to, but if you want coilovers for an ix I'd definitely recommend them for the fab work.

Shipping wasn't even that bad using my fedex account.

ix coilovers are really the same as any other E30 - but the struts are way shorter and you have to build your own sway bar mount. john came up with a pretty simple solution to that though.

I couldn't get them done locally, we lack any fab shops and even custom auto shops won't touch something like this. Last time I had a buddy do it at school, but that was eons ago and I don't have that access any longer.

I still need to sort out my struts/shocks - I think Bilstein made them too stiff for what I wanted. Going to live with it for now. At least the handling and grip is unbelievable. :)
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Not to thread jack or anything but I know a guy that can do some awesome fab work ;)

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                                Not to thread jack or anything but I know a guy that can do some awesome fab work ;)

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=282431
                                Not quite what we did, but thanks for the sham-less plug/thread jack.

john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X