No announcement yet.

It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya it is fun but im getting burn in my wallet and tired of how long it's taking.

if you wanna see the car in person it's at my dad's in S. SJ.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Last update of the year.
      My nine sheets of Dynamat arrived in the mail yesterday. They will be getting installed strategically in the doors and floor. To help with the road noise.

Be ready, great things will be happening everyday over the next two weeks.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

of the year?
        youre not going to do anyting for 3 weeks?

Comment

Man, what an awesome build! Can't wait to see this thing done!

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
            of the year?
            youre not going to do anyting for 3 weeks?
            of course I will be working on the car. but it come to a point where i dont want to show it off, until it's completed. 100h vacation-working week here I come.
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

extra set of hands here... will work for food.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              ---------------------------------
              89 E30 S52
              ---------------------------------
              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Just read through the whole thread, absolutely wonderful job you guys are doing.
                It's nice to see that people still do things the right way!
                What color is the car?

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                  What color is the car?
                  The car is now Avus Blue Metallic + clear coat and color sanded.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuxk

Great job dude.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

another great job :)

Comment

Dedication: As defined by R3Vlimitred.....Cabriolet!
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments and kind words. As this project drags on, it’s extremely hard to stay motivated; and now that I’ve picked up an M3 and paid for a Hawaii trip, funds have run out.

The past few weeks I thought I’d have gotten more work done on the car, but because my Mtech2’s engine went down and got a bum replacement engine that ate 5 days of work, I was only able to devote a few days to this car.
                          My dad spent 7 days painting the block. So when it was time to build the block, there was/is 3 layers of primer and 4 layers of high-temp enamel. Brand new rings, crank bearings and rod bearings went in and all tolerances were checked this time. We don’t want a repeat of my white car’s engine failure.

Deanna cleaned her subframes and steering linkage. It took her 3 hours to get the ΒΌ” of grease off the parts. Then my dad painted the rear subframe and the front struts.

I then replace the wheel bearings, rotors and pads and then wire brushed the calipers.

We even took the time to polish every nut and clear them. Because in compared to the paint everything looks dingy.

Then I spent about 3 hours Dynamating the inside of the doors and floor of the car. She wants a quiet ride and this will help a little with road noise.

After the Dynamating ordeal was over I started pulling the wiring harness through the car.

Here is part of the huge dingy issue that has appeared. All the wires are dirty and all of the brake lines need to be cleaned and painted. And I'm not sure what to do about the water reservoir but that needs to be fixed asap!

I had all the glass tinted to 70% and had the IS lip and valence covered in the 3M clear protective bra.

The black Alcantara headliner came in and looks great. Can’t wait to install it but that won’t be for a while since the wire harness is giving me hell.

Then this weekend I put in the rear subframe. I had put in the fuel tank, last weekend.

Next weekend, I will be finishing the undercoating. And the wire harness.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Looks great!!!
                            Were did you got the headliner?

Comment

Wow, awesome work!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by J.Almonte View Post
                                Looks great!!!