No announcement yet.

It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn dude! Nice build! Can't wait to see it done!

Comment

Originally posted by e30serg View Post
      Damn dude! Nice build! Can't wait to see it done!
      thx man. getting a hair closer.

Rolled her out side for the first time today. sorry the cell phone shots dont do the Avus Blue justice.

put the powersteering rack in with new tierods and and boots.
      then i gout about 1/2 the wire harness in. and the second rear side window.

20130616_143959 by Eric Berger, on Flickr

My dad picked up these wheels and tires for only $150 so i bought them to put on this car until i find some Euro weaves.

20130616_141941 by Eric Berger, on Flickr

20130616_143945 by Eric Berger, on Flickr

here is a close up of the color. the phone cant focus on it because it is so shiny. needless to say im super jelly of my wife right now.

20130616_144009 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Looking good.
        sigpic
        January 2012 COTM

Comment

thumbs up
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          ---------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

does that paint color come with Vtec?
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              does that paint color come with Vtec?
              hahaha it's not that bright in person. and just be glad it's not laguna *vomits at the thought of that color on an e30*

those are your old tails on there too
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Amazing...amazing...amazing. Love your taste. An inspiration to my 4 door.

Keep it up.

Comment

i liked the first colour but i really like the blue now

SEXY

Comment

update? or are you in hawaii right now :-)
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      update? or are you in hawaii right now :-)
                      haha no im not in hawaii. - tho i would love to be

just a taste

20130707_161323 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

NICE. What's the story with the head studs? Haven't upgraded my M20s in that area before so curious.

I get the 'too many projects at once' thing. made worse with my new 25k mile E46 M3 - threw all prior plans out the window.

So I sold my MT2 and my low mile JCW MINI so I could focus. Also put my euro MT1 vert conversion and interior resto on hold til next summer so I could get 2 other E30s ready for my sons - engine, suspension and A/C rebuilds first, and some basic door/fender etc replacement and POR work. Both cars will eventually get stripped and rebuilt ala your wife's car and the M3 guy in Ireland (you know the 'minor rust repair' guy).

One project at a time is a Sweet Thing..

I've also picked up an M62TU as well as a 6 speed getrag and clutch/plate from an M5. Was gonna put it in the 318is but will keep it in mothballs for now. May switch out to an M60B40 if I can find a decent one.
                        Last edited by bradnic; 07-09-2013, 10:59 AM.
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

eric, are you planning to use brand new gaskets when installing the windshield?

Comment

I have no words. I can't wait to see more. The attention to detail pleases my OCD.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Love that this is being done to a 4 door. I want to do one as a DD and to haul the kids around too. Been looking for a clean 4 door shell to start from. Thanks for the inspiration!
                              1987 325i LeChump: H&R Race springs, weight reduction and beat to hell

2005 Mazda RX8: Koni Yellows, Hotchkis FSB, 245 BFG Rivals RTR #11

2011 Mazda CX7 Sport: The family truckster

2001 Buick Park Ave: The DD grandpamobile

1991 Ford F150 XLT 302: camping/towing

Comment

NICE. What's the story with the head studs? Haven't upgraded my M20s in that area before so curious.
                                Not much. I've already spent so much money on the car what's a little more to have studs. Piece of mind

I've also picked up an M62TU as well as a 6 speed getrag and clutch/plate from an M5. Was gonna put it in the 318is but will keep it in mothballs for now.
                                That’s gotta be imo one bad swap for the car. The nose weight etc just seems so off. It really doesn’t fit, can’t have AC and the car gets hacked to pieces.
                                S54 can be pushed farther back and fits so nicely. With a zf320

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                                Eric, are you planning to use brand new gaskets when installing the windshield?
                                Nearly every single gasket on the car is being replaced with new. So yes, new seals are new. (=

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                                I have no words. I can't wait to see more. The attention to detail pleases my OCD.
                                I may be the most OCD person I know. Perfection or nothing.

Originally posted by imprttuner88 View Post
                                Love that this is being done to a 4 door. I want to do one as a DD and to haul the kids around too. Been looking for a clean 4 door shell to start from. Thanks for the inspiration!
                                No kids to dirty this car. My wife just likes 4 doors for more whores. We are well over $18k into this and I’m about to place an order for another $1500 from BMW as soon as I can. If we had to do it again I would have saved up 7-8k and just bought a mint non-restored car and pocketed the 12Gs.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X