It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arthb7 View Post
    I have been following this build since the beginning. Amazing job. Can you give some details on the seat kit? where you got it? what the cost was?
    the fabric we got online and cost $200-$300
    the seat+leather were done by http://www.creativeoptions.info/
    hes down sizing and i dont think is taking any more orders.
    total cost was about 2k i believe for the seats, since the car didnt come w/ a back seat i had to trade for one with an armrest
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Awesome progress, waiting on moar!!!
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

you're sooooo close.

headliner and sunroof really came out great. bet those 2 rear corner patches won't be noticeable once you dye the edges.

I think your interior cloth+leather turned out really well. will look even better once it's installed in the car!

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        the seat+leather were done by http://www.creativeoptions.info/
        hes down sizing and i dont think is taking any more orders.
        wow hadn't heard that. there's plenty of demand out there for e30 interior work, and he's definitely great value for the money. I ended up going a different route because he couldn't find the oem houndstooth fabric I was looking for.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Welp,
          I/we finally made a bit more headway.
          We finished mostly the install of the moonroof. Getting that to align was hell.
          Then I finished fuel lines and did some random other stuff.
          Sunday i started on the back seats upholstery. sadly i had to strip 2 perfect seats but oh well.

the bottom was a cake walk in comparison to the top.
          the bottom took maybe 2-3 hours to strip and install. the top took over an hour and a half to strip and about 5 hours to install.
          i was only able to get 1/2 of it done in one evening.

I finally finished the back-top tonight.

I may need to redo a bit and put in some stitching to get the lower back to stay back and not float. and i need to redo the driver's side bolster, maybe. i might just be able to massage it into place.

Most of the amazon order of audio stuff arrive. this will get put in this weekend

Alpine CDE-HD148BT Receiver (hasnt come yet)
          Alpine MRX-M50 mono amp
          JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10"
          StreetWires MTX ZN5250
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Im diggin that seat pattern. Crazy work going into this e30, bravo!

COTM

Comment

The last couple weeks have been pretty busy. The issue is that most of the stuff doesn’t show up in photos all that well.
                Last weekend I finished reupholstering the back seat. I had to take the bottom half of the back out and stitch it to the frame to keep it from floating. The fabric kept rising off the seat by about an inch. Now I just need to work the wrinkles out and it will look good and smooth.

After that I finished installing the Luke 10” box and Alpine head unit and wiring the car.
                Then there were a few more days of stuff showing up all the time. Pelican and IMBM know me well now.

Then Todd dropped off Oliver’s old seats and a few more spares to pick parts from. The wife was lease than pleased to have her entire dining area consumed by broken smelly seats. Not to mention all the cut hog rings and rusty stuff all over the floor. We’ll be finding that stuff with our bare feet for a while. But as of now, nothing can stop progress.

In one night I with the help of Todd disassembled the back of one seat and then upholstered most of it by myself.

Then last night I got deal with the hell that is the lower part of the seat. I killed 3 hours of Stargate SG-1 while messing with the lower portion. But it should be done in a few more hours.

Now keeping the swag alive - this weekend i wont be doing anything on this car.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Those seats are awesome!
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                    Those seats are awesome!
                    thx dude!
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

boat load of work those seats. looking righteous.

did you try adding some padding to the lower bolsters to tighten the covers up? kevin give you any tips?

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Wow I just looked thru the whole thread. And damn. This is on hell of a restoration! I love everything about it. The color, the interior! Keep up the good work! I hope she will keep this car forever. It's beautiful so far!
                        sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                        1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                        1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                        1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                        (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                        1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                        2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                        2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                          did you try adding some padding to the lower bolsters to tighten the covers up? kevin give you any tips?
                          i stitched them to the frame at the lower back to get them to lay right. they need to be worked a little bit more to get then lines out. but that can wait. the engine goes in this weekend.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by cabriolet View Post
                            the engine goes in this weekend.
                            yes!

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              yes!
                              This

Sent from my GS4 Active now Free
                              '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                              '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                                i stitched them to the frame at the lower back to get them to lay right. they need to be worked a little bit more to get then lines out. but that can wait. the engine goes in this weekend.
                                So a video is in the future?
                                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X