• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap man! nice job on everything!

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      So a video is in the future?
      i had completely forgotten. but i will do one this weekend i guess. i took off friday as well. so ill take one of doing the driver's seat and then the engine
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

spent a few hours on finishing the passenger seat on the car. and took a time lapse of it. here's one frame as a sneak peek
        Attached Files
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

its weird being in your apartment before and seeing it this messy

Comment

just went through this entire build, just wow. sub'd to see the finished product!
            '91 318is w/ M50B25TU

Comment

did the same thing as subtle - just went through this entire thread (because I saw your link in your sig from responding to my question [thank you, lol]) - and yeah... amazing... subscribed and can't wait

"Don't Trouble Trouble Until Trouble Troubles You" - Unknown

Comment

Thanks guys. Stay tuned for Monday when ill have the engine in and a time lapse of the front seats getting done and the car being worked on.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Some of us are more retarded than we should be...
                  I used the motorTrans mounts and the trans shifter bushing on my Mtech2 before selling it. now i cant put the engine in for another week. so this weekend i put in the dash and airbox foam. and that's about it.

I did throw together a 2 day timelapse of me building the seats.

tomorrow i'll do some work on the sliders and get one seat in the car. Then that leaves me with finishing the diver's seat and putting that in next weekend.

Anyways, October is here and i'm a few into enjoyment of this blessed holiday.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Damm, you work fast !!!:p

Comment

Originally posted by Odin View Post
                      Damm, you work fast !!!:p
                      lol thats 1340 shots at 10s intervals. so that's just under 4 hours of actual work time
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

The video is awesome. All I could think of was "flight of the bumble bee". You should put that as the background music. LOL. Keep up the good work.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

After making a mistake last weekend and not planning ahead, I was short on Redline MTL had to source that. Then finding that I had used the motor mounts on another car and forgot to replenish stock, I could not put the engine in. So, this weekend mounted the transmission and then dropped it in with the help of Deanna.

After mounting the engine-transmission, shift linkage, driveshaft and starter we called it a day.

It now takes two to push it into the garage. Finally the weight is there and it feels more complete.
                          D spent an house cleaning the heat shield Sunday and then I put it on.

Then I apprehensively drilled the holes into the fender to mount the IS skirts.

Mounting was the easy part.

Here’s what left to do.

IMG_5896 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Nice progress! She'll be driving in no time at all!
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

cant wait to see this finally done

1984 eta
                              1964 1600 Roadster

Comment

D had been cleaning the crap out of all the plastics and things that have cosmoline on them. I will post pics later of the progress she has been doing. but i can tell you i never knew that wheel well arches could look so good.
                                While our house has been overrun with me doing the interior, yesterday that came to a finish with the Driver's seat, the last one, being finished.
                                Last week I cleaned up the mechanism and rails. and painted them with rust converter that turns everything black again. yesterday i mounted them in the car for the first time. this is the first time, in many years, that this car has had a complete interior.

thx to bernzpeed for most of the interior fixings and TD325IC for all the seats, tools and knowledge of how to reupholster the seats.
                                I'm waiting for the valve cover from Dave Watermier but the engine bay is nearly done. M3 wire covers have been ordered. a few more small parts and the bay is done.

My dad finished the AC stuff as I worked under the dash attaching all the wire while pulling my hair out, trying to remember how it all goes back together.

we ended the evening by undoing all the BS that the PO owner's did to the headlight wires.

Here's the interior as it sits now.

The end of the evening was putting the valance back on and making a check list of all the stuff i'm still missing to complete the project.

I've officially been nickeled and dimed to death.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X