No announcement yet.

TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed the locks today, and have a narrowband Air/fuel ration just for ballpark numbers of where my engine is at.

Comment

Are you up in Reno. Think I've seen this car up there.

Current: '92 325i Vert

Past: '84 Euro 320i -Had to leave in Italy

Comment

You have KAmotors to help you with tuning, you will absolutely love the sound of the exhaust/intake when you get things dialed in. I was very impressed with the power gains I felt going from a 2.7 ETA to a 2.7i.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
          You have KAmotors to help you with tuning, you will absolutely love the sound of the exhaust/intake when you get things dialed in. I was very impressed with the power gains I felt going from a 2.7 ETA to a 2.7i.
          I cant wait to hear it with the miller setup and exhaust. I am planning to switch to megasquirt and possibly compound turbo it next may after saving up for a while. Kamotors is the one who got me into e30s, along with a few other people in the Reno area. I want boost pretty, would have happened this summer but money was tight.
          Originally posted by NV325i View Post
          Are you up in Reno. Think I've seen this car up there.
          Yes I am up on the south end of reno but will be downtown starting in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
            I cant wait to hear it with the miller setup and exhaust. I am planning to switch to megasquirt and possibly compound turbo it next may after saving up for a while. Kamotors is the one who got me into e30s, along with a few other people in the Reno area. I want boost pretty, would have happened this summer but money was tight.
            Megasquirt is awesome!! I am going to run a Holset Hy35 on min next year as well, mirror builds ftw!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
              Megasquirt is awesome!! I am going to run a Holset Hy35 on min next year as well, mirror builds ftw!
              Haha, same suspension, same tire size, similar color, 2.7i, shadowline... I need to catch up with the fancy head and roll bar but this will get there. Eventually.
              :D

Comment

Working on the exhaust tomorrow and should have some videos and pictures up by the end of this weekend.

Comment

So got some exhaust done today, kamotors made an awesome Y pipe. Also got picked up a decent brand new bucket seat for 60$ brand new. Still working on some brackets.

Also car runs awesome Wot but was throwing a 1215 code so I have to check into some of the maf wiring. All in all good day for the e30.

Last edited by TheTacoMan; 09-01-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

So went to summit racing to pick up metal and clamps to get my 3in exhaust done and found a pretty damn nice bucket seat brand new for 60$ on some huge clearance sale. Got that and the exhaust done today, sounds awesome with a straight 3in pipe back from the headers to a muffler. No cat, I will also get some videos up of the exhaust asap.

Also having some issues running rich with the 173 i ecu, miller and the 19lbs. Going megasquirt will fix all issues and also the ability to tune should pick up some serious gains.

and a photo casue i got bored.

Comment

Car is running great, hopefully this video link is working to give you guys an idea on what the exhaust sounds like

If you watch the video the oil pressure light is on but something is wrong with wiring. Oil pressure is perfect.

Comment

says unavail

Comment

BumP Fur DehTucoMon
                          sigpicDiRTYE30-RALLYE30

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            says unavail
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There you go.

Comment

Looks like Im going to megasquirt asap, Everytime i sit at a stop my cel comes on. I need to have the ability to tune so I dont run pig rich idling. Hopefully when I get megasquirt I can get the virtual dyno going to see how much power im putting to the ground and maybe ill setup launch control and some other goodies.

Comment

could be o2 or cat... there are a bunch of other things that can throw CEL. try the stompt test, too
                                read this:

MS is a great idea though so if you've got the extra cash do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X