TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    could be o2 or cat... there are a bunch of other things that can throw CEL. try the stompt test, too
    read this:

MS is a great idea though so if you've got the extra cash do it!
    o2 is brand new, and the cel goes away instantly when i touch the gas, its just running rich on idle. Also I have no cat :)
    So i went back to my old afm to get ready to sell of my old miller stuff and the butt dyno reads a significant power loss everywhere. It feels like atleast a 20hp difference

Comment

stock as in m20b27 afm?

Comment

stock as in m20b27 afm?
        Yep until I have the megasquirt in hand.

Comment

Thats your problem. You must run Tue m20b25 afm. I'm surprised it runs at all on the other afm.

Comment

Thats your problem. You must run Tue m20b25 afm. I'm surprised it runs at all on the other afm.
            Runs great, just more restricted.

Comment

Weird most people have problems running the e afm. I know I personally did. It would idle but barely and nothing else

Comment

Weird most people have problems running the e afm. I know I personally did. It would idle but barely and nothing else
                Idle is alittle funky from the 19lb injectors and no tuning but other than that it runs like miller just less response and a large power loss.

Comment

Autocross :D

Comment

Got some bumper trim, and some mounting brackets to finally finish up the rear bumper. Also lining up a 5 speed swap.

Comment

cant beleive i just found this build... this is exactly what i want to do... So just to be crystal clear-- your currerntly running the 173 ecu w the 88e afm... Thats the only thing i am missing for my setup.. got everything prepped painted or polished. Im goin w green top 17.5lb inj.. hope i wont have the same rich idle problem.. Im stoked to hear its running well.
                      Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Runs great, I have to replace the radiator as it is clogged but other than that its been running well.

Comment

Nice.. I want to do the same with my 88 seta. Is it worth, like do you really feel big difference from 327se to 327i. I putted ecu from 89ix 10gallons of 100octane thats how I go in the track.. uhh and the sound you got there man it's awesome

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OGT's e30 View Post
                            Nice.. I want to do the same with my 88 seta. Is it worth, like do you really feel big difference from 327se to 327i. I putted ecu from 89ix 10gallons of 100octane thats how I go in the track.. uhh and the sound you got there man it's awesome
                            There was a huge difference, with the miller chip and a 2.7in maf it was extremely satisfying even with an auto 4 speed. Right now Im in the middle of getting 5 speed parts and a beefy clutch for the turbo. After the 5 speed is setup, ill be putting in mega squirt so it is actually tuned. Im aiming for around 170-180whp N/A . Then around 400 WHP FI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8XBsRwzELBA
                            Last edited by TheTacoMan; 12-26-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Ha!! Is that vid w the auto??! Wow. Your gonna love the 5spd. I swapped mine out. HUGE difference!! Hoping to do "i" conversion in next couple weeks. Got a 153 and 173 ecu guess we'll see what's got a better fuel spark map. Stoked to hear more guys doin this conversion. Glad to not see "stroker" in this thread. Internet brilliance at its best. Insert sarcasm... Wish I had MS...:( keep on drivin and wrenchin.
                              Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Little update with the story behind the car on the first page and I am finally geting some parts in for the 5 speed to be completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X