No announcement yet.

TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about done with my walbro 255lph fuel pump retro fit, also getting a spec stage 4 clutch put in for future turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      Just about done with my walbro 255lph fuel pump retro fit, also getting a spec stage 4 clutch put in for future turbo.
      Using the 5.0 kit?

FUTURE TURB0 :D I like where this is going ;)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Nope, im not sure actually what car its for but seems the same as the 5.0 kit.

Also in the middle of dyeing the yellow race seat black, I got it on sale for dirt cheap new.

Comment

Nope, im not sure actually what car its for but seems the same as the 5.0 kit.

Also in the middle of dyeing the yellow race seat black, I got it on sale for dirt cheap new.

Nice, i have used the Dupli-color dye before and its held up nicely...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Seat is dyed and the fuel pump is 100% wired and works great. Now I am back to an old issue and new issue. Any one have some advice?

Comment

headstuds are on there way seeing as I may be taking apart the engine again.

Comment

Headstuds and seat are in, shooting to go to bimmer fest in may with a 5 speed and meagsquirt.

Comment

Pleased to say that my slightly warped head was completely fixed by head studs, kinda of cheating but it works. Car is now drive able.

Comment

so i take it the trans works?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                      so i take it the trans works?
                      Haven't had the time lately, and still haven't put the fluid in yet

Still an auto atm, Ill let you know this weekend whether or not the fluid makes a difference.

Comment

So Im at a sorts of crossroads at the moment with this car. I debating about keeping the Seta engine or going m60. Either way this car will be boosted, just if its a v8 Ill only run 6-8psi to hit my 400+whp.
                        So what would r3v do? Keep the 2.7i or go v8.
                        A turbo or supercharged v8 would be pretty cool with alot more room for power versus the m20.

Comment

keep the seta! I think it's 8.5cr or lower with the 885 head. Just get 19 or 21# injectors and boost that if you really want that much power. Personally, I have a lot of fun with just the 2.7i and a decent tune.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            keep the seta! I think it's 8.5cr or lower with the 885 head. Just get 19 or 21# injectors and boost that if you really want that much power. Personally, I have a lot of fun with just the 2.7i and a decent tune.
                            I think it retains stock compression as it comes with an 885 head stock technically.

I just want power everywhere and a v8 in such a small car would be insane.
                            How much do Setas fetch $$?

Comment

20 dolla! I am biased towards m20's so i say boost the shit out if it :D

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

I think it retains stock compression as it comes with an 885 head stock technically.

I just want power everywhere and a v8 in such a small car would be insane.
                                How much do Setas fetch $$?
                                That's what I mean I think the stock cr was 8.5 or 8.43 or something for the seta. the seta had different pistons than the b25 I believe, right?

Everywhere power? Personally I have more everywhere power in my 2.7i na than I remember in the 05 mustang gt. probably a weight issue though.

do a medium or smaller turbo and keep a low rpm spool! what do you want to do with that power anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X