No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my dumb hard start problem came back... I wonder if it's the heat down here or something.

20140819-DSC_2682 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

weak battery

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
        weak battery
        It doesn't seem like a battery issue since it only has difficulty starting on the first key turn after it sits for, anywhere between, 20 minutes to a couple hours. Then it fires right up on the second key turn.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I'm trying to be cool here...

20140820-DSC_2693 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

Comment

is that the walmart special? lol. Use those same stikars on my rc cars.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              So my dumb hard start problem came back... I wonder if it's the heat down here or something.

20140819-DSC_2682 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr
              That's a cool spot. You've got some real nice locations out your way, you lucky bastard.

In regards to your hard starting issues, perhaps you have a small fuel leak and slowly losing pressure at the rail?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                In regards to your hard starting issues, perhaps you have a small fuel leak and slowly losing pressure at the rail?
                I'll have to check that out. Although, it would be weird as everything fuel related in the engine bay was just replaced. Maybe my injectors or something aren't seated correctly.

Comment

20140819-DSC_2685 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

So begins the long period of no fun updates since school started up again.

Although, I took it out for a drive a couple days ago and the m20 feels really strong. Now I just need to replace the giubo and csb. Somewhat thinking of just buying a reman'd driveshaft, that would probably be the smart thing to do. Although that would mean forgoing a new exhaust setup. Decisions...

I seriously can't wait to get out of school and actually start doing real things to this car versus talking about them...

Comment

It doesn't seem like a battery issue since it only has difficulty starting on the first key turn after it sits for, anywhere between, 20 minutes to a couple hours. Then it fires right up on the second key turn.
                    could be water temp sensor. My car has this same issue. Cold starts instantly, hot starts instantly. Only hard start if it cools down a bit, like an hour.
                    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                    (Daily Driver)
                    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                    KW V2 Coilovers
                    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                      could be water temp sensor. My car has this same issue. Cold starts instantly, hot starts instantly. Only hard start if it cools down a bit, like an hour.
                      Interesting. I was looking at it when I was doing my other maintenance thinking it might be nice to replace it.

Comment

So close to pulling the trigger on a set of wheels...

20140906-DSC_2701 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

Comment

I can't do stock weaves for more than a few months at a time. Even though the ride is decently comfortable. IDGAF.

Comment

Although, I took it out for a drive a couple days ago and the m20 feels really strong. Now I just need to replace the giubo and csb. Somewhat thinking of just buying a reman'd driveshaft, that would probably be the smart thing to do. Although that would mean forgoing a new exhaust setup. Decisions...
                            why do you need a new driveshaft? the guibo and CSB are seperate from the driveshaft.

Its a pain, but the parts are cheap and it can be done relatively easily if you can get the car up in the air.

cheap repair = more money for rebuilding the OZs!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I can't do stock weaves for more than a few months at a time. Even though the ride is decently comfortable. IDGAF.
                              Ugh so true. I ran weaves up front with steelies in the back when I rebuilt the RS's. I couldn't wait to get them off

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                why do you need a new driveshaft? the guibo and CSB are seperate from the driveshaft.

Its a pain, but the parts are cheap and it can be done relatively easily if you can get the car up in the air.

cheap repair = more money for rebuilding the OZs!
                                Typically a failing csb/guibo is a sign of shitty u-joints. Idk, it would be a piece of mind thing really.
                                Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                                Ugh so true. I ran weaves up front with steelies in the back when I rebuilt the RS's. I couldn't wait to get them off
                                Yeah weaves haven't gotten me many scene points.

Comment

Working...
                                X