★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But turbo m20s sound soooo much cooler than an NA s50

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
      But turbo m20s sound soooo much cooler than an NA s50

I beg to differ... The sound of all that compression ratio... Nothing sounds better than a euro S50/S54 paired up with a good exhaust system.
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        or...

take out a student loan and stick my euro S50 in there. A motor swap is a perfectly acceptable fix action for a stripped exhaust manifold stud.:devil:
        Don't you tempt me with those ideas

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
          I beg to differ... The sound of all that compression ratio... Nothing sounds better than a euro S50/S54 paired up with a good exhaust system.
          Meh, to each their own. 24v are too raspy for me, but I haven't really heard one with a decent resonator I guess

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I might be in the minority here, but I think US M/S50s sound kinda bad. Euro S50s and S54s sound amazing though.

Comment

Meh, to each their own. 24v are too raspy for me, but I haven't really heard one with a decent resonator I guess
              Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              I might be in the minority here, but I think US M/S50s sound kinda bad. Euro S50s and S54s sound amazing though.
              Does this count?

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                Euro S50s and S54s sound amazing though.

This is what I was referring to, because the motor in question was a euro S50.. Paired with a good exhaust (B&B Tri-Flo is one of the best sounding systems with those motors IMO) it's hard to beat. I can't comment on the US M/S5x cars because I've never heard one in person.
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                Originally posted by Northern
                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

M30s sound better.

I'll insert sound clip later.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                    M30s sound better.

I'll insert sound clip later.
                    I've actually really been considering a b35. Of course I'd want to boost it hehe

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      I've actually really been considering a b35. Of course I'd want to boost it hehe
                      Tee hee....my wagon is running IE headers --> Vibrant res --> Magnaflow res --> Vibrant muffler. All 3". It's heavenly.

I'll get a shitty clip with my cracked Iphone after work.
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        or...

take out a student loan and stick my euro S50 in there. A motor swap is a perfectly acceptable fix action for a stripped exhaust manifold stud.:devil:
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

M30 or nothing

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

still gonna say turbo m20 > NA US m/s5x

Comment

Well I have $2-3k to play with. Really tempting to pick up an engine to swap. Really leaning towards the m30b35... Or I could spend $1k to fix up the m20 and do an exhaust, get some new seats, do a roll bar and pick up some Broadway Static coilovers... Hmmm...

still gonna say turbo m20 > NA US m/s5x
                              #shamelessplug

Also, I just emailed SpinTech and they don't have any 16" OZ parts 😞

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                Well I have $2-3k to play with. Really tempting to pick up an engine to swap. Really leaning towards the m30b35... Or I could spend $1k to fix up the m20 and do an exhaust, get some new seats, do a roll bar and pick up some Broadway Static coilovers... Hmmm...

#shamelessplug

Also, I just emailed SpinTech and they don't have any 16" OZ parts 😞
                                2-3k is a decent budget to get you going in almost any direction. What do you want to do with the car? It's fun to have a quick motor, but if you want it to look good, a refreshed m20, rebuild the OZs, and broadways will def do the job.

it's because I'm a #scenepointsellout :pimp:

You could try e-wheel-works, wheelssquared(derek_antiair), tommy604604, spinfab.....someone has to have the stuff you need

Comment

Working...
                                X