Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N2MYE30
    replied
    Nice progress. You car is going to look very much like my coupe 5 years ago. You just cant go wrong with euroweaves...until the time you need to clean them.

Leave a comment:

• mohamed...
    replied
    i cant wait for some updates! i cant wait to find an e30. ive been looking for a year now but one day i will find the right one.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    December 20 2012

Ever since I purchased the car, the shifter has been leaning towards left side. So when I put it on reverse, the leather boot rubs. I decided to buy a set of transmission bushings because the old ones were soaked in oil. It looked like the powersteering fluid was leaking and got all over the bottom of the car.

I cleaned up the entire transmission area and put in new bushings. But the shifter is still leaning towards reverse and rubs when engaged. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe I should bend the shifter.

Also started working on the euroweave center caps. Purchased this set from ebay in crap condition. Maybe I should've just paid $260 for a new set.

I applied Jasco paint/epoxy remover to strip the paint off. Its some nasty stuff. Apparently it contains carcinogen, which is known to cause cancer. So Im using two layers of latex gloves and doing all work outside. I should probably wear a filtered mask, but eh..
    So one of the caps started bubbling and pealing right away, but other three will need to wait til tomorrow.

Once the outer rings are taken care of, I still need to paint the center hex, replace all bmw stickers, and replace one of the inner sticker "platform".

I was trying to scrub the darn thing, but it was bit chilly outside (which is not ideal for stripping paint) so it be done later this week.
    Last edited by ksjdan; 12-21-2012, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    Originally posted by BamaE30 View Post
    Howdy Alabama enjoyed your thread.
    Nice to see a fellow Alabamian on r3v!

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
    Dat leather...you can make so many awesome things
    Yeah I went to buy a small piece of leather, but the hide was on sale, so I just had to buy it. :D

Leave a comment:

• MattAvino
    replied
    Dat leather...you can make so many awesome things

Leave a comment:

• BamaE30
    replied
    Howdy Alabama enjoyed your thread.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    December 13 2012

Small update on the E30. So I decided to buy a set of Euroweaves from a member, and some tires. After extensive searching, I settle on a set of Falken tires for a good price.

Had them mounted and balanced for cheap. Here's how it looks!
    Still need to get the center caps redone and installed

And I bought some cow. A whole hide in automobile finish :)
    Compare the size with my iphone. Its huge!

Last edited by ksjdan; 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    For some reason reading through this thread reminds me a need to do the fuel lines tomorrow nice car op always love another silver ethirty
    GL with the fuel line install!

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    For some reason reading through this thread reminds me a need to do the fuel lines tomorrow nice car op always love another silver ethirty

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    November 23 2012

The JF Boots came in today. :) Took it down stares and installed it immediately.
    I am really satisfied with the product they sent me. The stitching on the boot isn't putting creases on the matte leather, and the e-brake boot is long enough to prevent gap between it and the leather e-brake handle.

Texture (crease mark is from the elastic band on the bottom):

Installed inside:

Lastly, I purchased a set of wheels from a member here. Still waiting for tires to come in. :up:

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    November 21 2012

Today is not a good day for me. Writing this same statement for the 3rd time because this site doesn't recognize who I am.

Here it goes again. I feel like a teacher lecturing the same stuff over and over again.

I received a replacement antenna in the mail yesterday. Just fixing one of several broken things that came broken on this car.
    So the antenna I received wasn't a plug and play. :down: It must've came off a different model. The ground locations were a little different, and the mounting piece on the bottom was different. I was able to get the pieces off the broken unit and transfer it to the working one.

Old antenna stuck in the up position

Working one installed!

Once I get some lithium grease on the mast, it should work good as new :up:

Next up, I picked up this old trunk lid for 50 bucks. Lets see what I can do with this

Cleaned up!

This picture is a little misleading, as there is no clear coat left on this thing, like everything else in Alabama. But Im planning on sanding it down and respraying it for a upcoming project! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    Decided to buy a set of shifter/e-brake boots from JF Boots in UK. My current OEM shifter boot is ripped and e-brake accordion is hideous! Can't wait for this to come in.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    So I wanted to buy that M3 I posted above. I left a note on the guys windshield, asking if he was interested in selling it. Lo and behold I got a call few hours later. He wanted $9000, and I let him hang with my $7k low ball :nice: I called back last thursday, and my opportunity to owning this awesome M3 was over. The dude changed his mind and the car was no longer for sale.

Here's everything about this e30 m3:

November 10 2012

I finally finished the trims today. As always, it took way longer than it should.
    But at least the finished product is very satisfying. It would've been some time last week, but using putty took about a week to dry!!

Here is the finished product after primer, wetsand and 3 layers of trim paint. Enjoy!

Last edited by ksjdan; 11-10-2012, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
    Car looks good, but don't get the cheapo ebay reflectors. Real ones aren't that much more.
    Yeah after looking into it last night, I found out there are OEM clears as well. Hard to find, but out there seems like... Im bit of an OE quality freak, so I might wait til one comes up on the market.

November 4 2012

Did some more work on the trims. It is a bit time consuming after 2 days. Original plan was to sand down bondo, prime and paint to finish it today, but I was greeted by some holes on the finished bondo. So had to patch up these little holes.

After some searching, I was advised to use putty to patch up the little holes. Unfortunately, the putty I bought takes 24-48 hrs to dry! :curse: So everything has been halted and now I wait til these little patches dry up.

I didn't take any photos of the puttyed trims, but here's how bondoing stage went...

Applied a little too much.

Using 80 grit to grind down Mt. Bondo

Shaved down to a satisfying level :D All 4 shaved, and done for today.

Aaaaaand todays special guest is...

Spotted an E30 M3! :o:D
    Wasn't the cleanest looking machine in the world, but it looked amazing.
    Last edited by ksjdan; 11-04-2012, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Court M3
    replied
    Car looks good, but don't get the cheapo ebay reflectors. Real ones aren't that much more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X