the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Thanks Aaron, I hope we can get our cars out together at the next picnic. Seems like most of the Alpha Team actually have a E30 again. Who knows what Brad will have, but Im sure he will have one :p
    Soon-to-be Full Race Mode?!?! I love it...

And hey hey now...I'll most likely always have an E30. I just have ADD for which ones keep me intrigued.

I really do hope you make it to the picnic next year. shit will be a blast
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      Soon-to-be Full Race Mode?!?! I love it...

And hey hey now...I'll most likely always have an E30. I just have ADD for which ones keep me intrigued.

I really do hope you make it to the picnic next year. shit will be a blast
      Haha I KNOW you'll always have an E30 but nobody knows what E30 that will be... I'm just busting your balls, you know that ;)

The next thing I'm working on is removing other unnecessary stuff, and unfortunately the Lukebox will have to go. I'm kinda sad but knowing that it's just opening up the space for a roll bar/ half cage makes me happy. Besides I'll be focusing on enjoying some new tunes soon when I install that Supersprint muffler...

So here's how the trunk looks now. I'm probably going to lighten up the entire stereo system, and have just front components and that's it.

Here's how the trunk looks now.

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Any ideas on what you want for a cage? If you're gonna get one built be sure to hit me up
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          Any ideas on what you want for a cage? If you're gonna get one built be sure to hit me up
          Well, not doing a full cage yet, but if my plan works out I'll essentially have a half cage (roll bar basically) that can be made into a full cage when it goes full track status. Right now I still plan to have it streetable so no metal bars next to my head. I'll text you though because I still might need your help.

This morning I woke up a little early to finish pulling the other things that are going with the Lukebox. Rear parcel shelf is included in the sale since its already drilled for the port holes. Had the take the rear seatbelts off to get it out and figured I didn't need to put them back in So they went into a box in the garage next to my other parts I'm not using ( anyone need some A/C parts?).

Figured since I had it all out I might as well weigh it. I always assumed the Lukebox was about 50#, I was pretty close

Then I decided to weigh everything else that I removed. Lukebox, parcel shelf minus the speakers and the rear belts and buckles

My rough numbers of 2450# before means it's now about 2380, though it's actually less because I dont have a passenger seat in the car. I'm expecting the roll bar to add about 50# back, but I'm hoping I can end up at an even 2400# when I'm done. We'll see.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Just letting you know that if you plan to go from half cage to full cage later you will have to cut holes in the roof to weld rest of cage on top. Unless you use a bolt in half cage that can be removed.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Just letting you know that if you plan to go from half cage to full cage later you will have to cut holes in the roof to weld rest of cage on top. Unless you use a bolt in half cage that can be removed.
              Good to know, but I will most likely be doing something along those lines anyways since I will also be removing the sunroof at that point too.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Good to know, but I will most likely be doing something along those lines anyways since I will also be removing the sunroof at that point too.

When your remove sunroof be careful on doing the patch panel. The sunroof provides bracing and if not welded properly will make roof look like a wet noodle. Excited to see what all you do with it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  When your remove sunroof be careful on doing the patch panel. The sunroof provides bracing and if not welded properly will make roof look like a wet noodle. Excited to see what all you do with it.
                  Im really not worried about it right now, its a ways away.

In other news, with the Lukebox gone now, I ordered another pair of Dunlops. I initially only bought two so I had a mismatched set of tires and its obvious those Falkens were garbage, but that will be remedied soon. Also trying to get that 5th SSR fixed so I can have 5 full size SSR wheels for the car.

Plans for the roll bar are in motion, but nothing solid yet. I have a few different directions Im thinking about going, but the plan is the basic hoop along with a harness bar, and the two points heading back to the shock towers. Might add a little more to it, but we'll see.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Always nice to come home to this! Tools & tires! Money well spent IMO

Bummer I can't get them installed for a few days, though I'm very excited to try them out this weekend during one of SoCal Vintages' drives that they paired up with the Ireland Engineering open house/ BBQ. I can't wait for it. 130 miles through the canyons of Los Angeles. I'll probably wash the car since there's a new sticker I want to install
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Yummy tires good choice.

-
                      Project
                      Parts for Sale
                      Feedback
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

What tools? Shit I need to get off my ass and paint
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Just an 18v battery & charger, but something I've needed and wanted for a while... Just like the tires. I'll still need to buy another tire, but I want to get the 5th wheel checked out to make sure it's straight
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Well, in preparation for the SoCal Vintage drive through the Angeles Forest I made sure to get my tires installed and got a brake flush while I was at it. JMP said the fluid still looked good, but its been two years so I figured it was a good idea before doing a 100+ miles in the mountains.

I also washed the car and installed this sticker I've been dying to put on the car. It didnt come out perfect, but a few tweaks and Im happy with it.

Before:
                            ltw_sticker1 by 2mAn

Mid-way through. You can see how it didnt line up perfectly with the edges of the hood like it was supposed to, and the second sticker for the fender didnt quite balance out the flag so I made a few adjustments to make me happy with it.
                            ltw_sticker2 by 2mAn

And the finished result
                            ltw_sticker3 by 2mAn

I will have more pictures from todays drive later.
                            Last edited by 2mAn; 07-22-2017, 10:16 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Looking good Simon, gotta get together and take a drive soon.
                              Follow me on instagram @arda.e30

Comment

I have always wanted that flag. It just looks something else on the white paint.

Good job this car has come a long way. I have followed and known your build before I even had an e30. I joined r3v because of my friends who had e30s. One of the most nostalgic builds on R3V. Glad to be here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X