the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should get some roll bar padding.

I should paint it as well. I should do a lot of things actually.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post

You definitely should do both of those things.

And I definitely should find a way to keep it. I have a pretty wild idea and it would be pretty amazing I think... but a few things need to line up, and so far step 1 isnt working out and I cant get to step 2 before step 1 is complete. unfortunately if step1 never happens, then I have to go to step4 and step4 kinda sucks. and if you dont know step 3 than you havent been on the internet long enough
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          You definitely should do both of those things.

And I definitely should find a way to keep it. I have a pretty wild idea and it would be pretty amazing I think... but a few things need to line up, and so far step 1 isnt working out and I cant get to step 2 before step 1 is complete. unfortunately if step1 never happens, then I have to go to step4 and step4 kinda sucks. and if you dont know step 3 than you havent been on the internet long enough
          You're getting cryptic in your old age

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
            We will get the last laugh when he sells it and regrets it
            Haha well said!
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

If I can sell my daily driver than I can seriously look into finding a way to keep this car, but until that happens, this car is also for sale
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

simon did you do the mono wiper install or was it like that when you bought it?

hoping you don't sell this little beast.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                  simon did you do the mono wiper install or was it like that when you bought it?

hoping you don't sell this little beast.
                  It was done by the prior owner, full 180* sweep.

My last buyer for my daily tried to get it for dirt cheap, hopefully the couple Im meeting with this weekend will give me a real offer so I can still have an E30 in my life. Keeping the monster as a daily in LA will be a little difficult, but we'll see what happens
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I probably should have pm'd you on those m3 hood seals since i didn't follow up on that thread :facepalm:

I hope you find a way to keep your e30!!
                    89 325i 4dr s52
                    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

The aluminum monster got detailed! Simon and I worked out a deal to have me detail the car last week and it was done on Friday. Man did it need it! :p I have to say the transformation was quite astounding and very satisfying. I wish I had taken some more close up photos before I started but suffice it to say the car wasn't very shiny when I started, but it is now! It was washed, extensively clay barred, polished once over and coated with some high-grade carnauba wax. I am happy to say that you can now see your reflection in the paint.

After I rinsed it

After clay barring

Kinda hard to show the difference in the low light of the parking garage, but here is the split between polished and "not polished".

I didn't take any pictures after the car was waxed but I believe Simon will have some nice quality photos taken of the car soon.
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                        I am happy to say that you can now see your reflection in the paint.

I didn't take any pictures after the car was waxed but I believe Simon will have some nice quality photos taken of the car soon.
                        Yup, we will have some fancy pics taken on Sunday, I will drop a few here and there, but ultimately this was absolutely worth it and WAY overdue. It really makes a big difference. It was totally worth the money I paid Charlie. Guy worked real hard polishing and has left me smiling ever since

Also, car related update is that I bought some undercoating to wrap up a few things that needed to get done.
                        #1 After the rollbar was welded in, I noticed that some of the undercoating had burned off from the welding, so I cleaned that up and got it sprayed. No rust on this car!
                        #2 I had been going back and forth about painting the lower part of the rear valence after the repair, but since the rockers and iS lip are both staying black, I decided its best to leave the rear bottom to also be black
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

So, the fancy pics got postponed until this weekend. It did give me a chance to clean up some track day rubber and per Charlie's recommendation I grabbed the magic eraser cleaned that all up.

I also tackled another item that I'd been lagging on and it was the carbon intake elbow and k&n filter to replace the old cone filter. It's for an E36 so I had to cut it down to fit the smaller engine bay. It fit nice and tight into the corner

Hopefully we'll have some fancy pics soon!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Dayum!! Looking good if I don't say so myself!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                            Shadetree30

Comment

looks good
                              sigpic

Comment

Glen, never change your sig :rofl:
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X