the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CYN RNS View Post
    I just submitted this to BAT, I'll be sad to see it go but at the same time, I feel bad for not enjoying it more while I have owned it.
    Crazy! Did they allow you to place a reserve on it or are you just going for it?... I'll be watching and answering questions to help ya
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm waiting for them to get back to me on that still.

Comment

post the link here if it goes on BAT
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I will, they confirmed today that they would put it up, it will be roughly 1-2 weeks from now before it goes live, when it does I'll post it!

Comment

I will, they confirmed today that they would put it up, it will be roughly 1-2 weeks from now before it goes live, when it does I'll post it!
            Congrats! Selling a car on BaT is an interesting experience, your car should do well. Some of the questions I received through the "contact seller" function were just amazing.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post

Congrats! Selling a car on BaT is an interesting experience, your car should do well. Some of the questions I received through the "contact seller" function were just amazing.

MJ
              "Amazing" in a sarcastic way? If it's anything like selling a car (or anything) on craigslist I can only imagine. I'd love to hear some examples of the "amazing" questions. Seems like a fun idea for a new thread.... "Best questions/interactions from selling a car on the internet".

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

"Amazing" in a sarcastic way? If it's anything like selling a car (or anything) on craigslist I can only imagine. I'd love to hear some examples of the "amazing" questions. Seems like a fun idea for a new thread.... "Best questions/interactions from selling a car on the internet".

I like your idea for the new thread. Yes - amazing in a sarcastic way.

It was everything from the typical asking about something clearly stated in the listing to very specific needs such as "if I win the auction will you install "x" part for me prior to shipping the car and will you be willing to supply that part". Or more shockingly, privately blasting my choice of brake pads, removal of hood insulation, euro center console, etc, etc.

MJ

Comment

Well I suppose this will be interesting then for sure!

Comment

Well I suppose this will be interesting then for sure!
                    You can share all the "amazing" things you get asked here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...n-the-internet

:)

Comment

Live on BAT
                      Bid for the chance to own a 1984 BMW 318i 2.8L 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #27,731.

Comment

Good looking car! And the listing brought me back here after a really long time. Good luck w the auction!

Comment

auction ends in 15 mins, highest bid only at $7169. I expected it to move at a higher number.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                            auction ends in 15 mins, highest bid only at $7169. I expected it to move at a higher number.
                            Sold for $10,842 ... not bad all things considered. Hopefully the new owner will continue this thread, I might have a chance to meet up with him
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Oh dang. I was going to watch the end of that auction and forgot it was today!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                                Oh dang. I was going to watch the end of that auction and forgot it was today!
                                Yea I was quite active watching it and answering questions. I’ve actually been texting with the new owner and I’m going to try and meet with him. He’s flying into Vegas this weekend , driving to Newport Beach and then taking the long way home all the way back to Jersey!

I'm pretty sure he will continue this thread too. That makes me happy...
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X