Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth & dbilas now, MT1 & MM 3.2 stroker coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed in one of your pictures - my car has that funky 80's spec car phone antenna base mounted on the trunk behind the 3rd brake light too! What are your thoughts on that? I've considered finding a period looking antenna that fits the base threading or removing it when I go to wrap the car. Honestly I can't decide whether it's charming or ghastly

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Lol Delfín
      Definitely ghastly imho. We have it bad enough with the trunk mounted 3rd brake light.. the hole drilled through the trunk lid leaking water into the toolkit just piles on :-)

I know what you mean about the retro appeal tho. I’d just get one of the old bmw analog car phone handsets and leave the antenna and transceiver box out

Just check out the euro verts

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
      Found these pics recently of an Austrian euro ic. OMG. Exact front end setup I'm using. That rear deck looks amazing without the brake light wart! and those wheels, stance..... just wow.

I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Lol Delfín
        Definitely ghastly imho. We have it bad enough with the trunk mounted 3rd brake light.. the hole drilled through the trunk lid leaking water into the toolkit just piles on :-)

I know what you mean about the retro appeal tho. I’d just get one of the old bmw analog car phone handsets and leave the antenna and transceiver box out

Just check out the euro verts
        The 3rd brake light delete is so much better...
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Oh damn, I've never seen a vert without the trunk mounted brake light. That really does look great.

Is it as simple as swapping trunk lids from a non-vert? I have a sneaking feeling they wouldn't be interchangeable.

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
            Oh damn, I've never seen a vert without the trunk mounted brake light. That really does look great.

Is it as simple as swapping trunk lids from a non-vert? I have a sneaking feeling they wouldn't be interchangeable.
            It does look terrific no? Ditto the euro bumpers and front valance.

Pretty much, though the wiring for the 3rd light needs to be dealt with so the check panel stays happy. I think adding a resistor is all you need.

Don’t like losing the 3rd light but I’ll figure out how to do a 3rd light as part of the trunk roundel

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Losing the center light is my hang up as well. I don't want my car to be rear ended by some idiot! I wired my blank rear fog light slots to act alongside the regular taillight to increase visibility, but if I were to delete the 3rd tail light I may switch them over to act as brake lights so there would be 4 in total. However a center roundel light would be cooler and safer for those idiots expecting a center brake light stabbing them in the eyes

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

It does look terrific no? Ditto the euro bumpers and front valance.

Pretty much, though the wiring for the 3rd light needs to be dealt with so the check panel stays happy. I think adding a resistor is all you need.

Don’t like losing the 3rd light but I’ll figure out how to do a 3rd light as part of the trunk roundel
                Absolutely!

I've also seen people around the forum really cranking up the lighting output from their rear tail lights. Installing brighter bulbs or LEDs of some sort might be sufficient to alert inattentive drivers.

Comment

I deleted my trunk mounted 3rd brake light years ago! My current trunk lid is off a 325es.

In order to keep your overhead check panel happy, you just need to put a jumper wire in to connect the two striped wires for the 3rd brake light. I did mine at the plug by the antenna.
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Lol Andre.. I remember you mentioning what the fix was but didn’t recall the details.. thanks for clarifying

Callie is still recovering from bitch tube (intake to block breather tube) oil leak repairs and is still waiting on a much needed valve adjustment. Couldn’t get to it without pulling the ITBs completely off... got everything back in after installing new o-rings, and of course the ITBS needed to be retuned again.

I’m the middle of retuning when I look down and ... oil leaking out of the bottom of the bitch tube. $&@$;&!

So.. pretty sure I can get the tube back out without removing the manifold. Will try some permatex around the oring and hope that finally seals it up.

After that, ITB tune, valve adjustment, parking brake pad replacement and giubo replacement.

Doubt I’ll get much drive time rest of this season
                    Last edited by bradnic; 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM.

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Callie is still recovering from bitch tube (intake to block breather tube) oil leak repairs and is still waiting on a much needed valve adjustment. Couldn’t get to it without pulling the ITBs completely off... got everything back in after installing new o-rings, and of course the ITBs needed to be retuned again.

I’m the middle of retuning when I look down and ... oil leaking out of the bottom of the bitch tube. $&@$;&!

So.. pretty sure I can get the tube back out without removing the manifold. Will try some permatex around the oring and hope that finally seals it up.
                      Well took most of the day, but my breather tube oil leak is finally fixed. I did end up having to take the ITBs completely out again. It was unavoidable though - there was no other way to get the bitch tube out.

The culprit - destroyed a brand new OEM o-ring during install.

o-ring drops into the recess in the block.

After 2 installs I wasn't going to take any chances again. So I applied some Hylomar to the rings and seating surfaces. A couple of hours later she started right up. Quick ITB tune and... no oil leaks.

What a relief.

After that, ITB tune, valve adjustment, parking brake pad replacement and giubo replacement.

Doubt I’ll get much drive time rest of this season
                      Tune is set, but rest of it still pending. As she sits, with a trial fit of the new cover

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Looking good!
                        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

new pics

90 degrees, 90% humidity. AC needs a recharge to keep up. but she looks great!

Pups went riding too

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Car looks great....
                            You need Alpina B3 2.7 headers with those itb:D
                            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                              Car looks great....
                              You need Alpina B3 2.7 headers with those itb:D
                              Thanks Raúl. Yeah I haven't kicked off the 3.1 stroker project yet. That and having the synchos replaced in the tranny are the last major jobs to do. Also mounting the mtech1, the new slant top strömung and a windows+trim out respray. Not much at all really.

I have these RD long tubes sitting in storage.

I'm also still waiting for @fporro and Federico to deliver the 2nd batch of snake headers..
                              wrote this back in spring 2016
                              Still hoping the new RD group buy happens.. if so I'll move the [RD long tube headers] to the IX.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Wow Brad it looks amazing!!
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X