Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Mika - Now with more S52 *IT'S ALIVE!*

...and she's a bitch.

I decided it's about time I introduced myself to R3v, now that I've been here for a while.

I've owned this car for almost 2 years and have about 2 months of actual seat time. A couple weeks after I bought it, the motor took a poop so I built a new one. Since then, it's been one thing after another it seems. Haven't done much cosmetically so it's hard to appreciate how much work has gone into this, but I feel as though it's come a LONG way.

I built a new M20B25, totally fresh. New rings, all new bearings and hardware. Stock HG, metric blues, some headwork and other stuffs. Also with the new motor, I swapped it to a manual from an auto. Recently, that's decided to blow a headgasket so I'm changing directions with the build.

What I've done:
    -S52 Swap
    -ZF from e39 528i
    -Billy Sports
    -Ground Control Coils (450F/650R)
    -AKG Street Motor Mounts
    -AKG Street Transmission Mounts
    -AKG Offset CABs
    -Bimmerworld Short Shifter
    -RaceSkids Skidplate
    -Had no stereo, installed full stock premium system & JVC head unit.

Parts I have and have not installed:
    -Straight Valence ($6 JY find lol)
    -Fogs
    -Hella Euro Ellips w/ driving lights

**Update 1/10/2013** - Blew a head gasket for no reason few days ago. It's suspected that either my Metric Blues didn't hold or my head was not decked flat. Decided I'm not going to put the M20 back together but instead doing an M52 swap. On the prowl for some S52 cams, trans brace and E21 booster. Hoping this setup will prove to be more reliable.

**Update 2/23/2013** - S52 is here! Pg 3.

**Update 4/27/2013** - S52 is in a running. Pg 6!

I know I'm forgetting some stuff but anywho, this is Mika. Everyone say Hi Mika.

The night I bought her - literally right after I handed the lady the cash for her.

Right after I installed the Billies and Coils.

Some BBS RXs I almost bought:

How she sits today:

Aaaaaand some engine pics:

This is a driveway picture from the motor building weekend. 3 M20s built and 1 swapped that weekend.

I have a ton more but haven't uploaded them.
    Last edited by JCarp90; 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM.

she looks like a bitch lol

Comment

Originally posted by DooDanE30 View Post
      she looks like a bitch lol
      Haha. She needs a LOT. Valence went straight downhill when my girlfriend drove her and the car in front of her's bumper fell off. Thankfully I have a SKIDPLATE!

Also, she hasn't been washed in 2 years lol. This weekend she'll get a wash and some claybar love.

Comment

No love for Mika. :(

Comment

Originally posted by kingston
          Much love for Mika! But she IS a bitch...

Y'know, those BBW RXs are for sale again. Same price you were going to pay before...
          PFFFT. I rub on bottlecaps. I would love to have them but I don't think I can run 17s with as low as I wanna be. Probably going to end up with some 16x8s with G-Force T/A KDW2s.

Comment

I got love for her. As for your kdw2 plans, forget that. Get yourself some Rs-3s, way better tire for a better price IMO.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
              I got love for her. As for your kdw2 plans, forget that. Get yourself some Rs-3s, way better tire for a better price IMO.
              Don't the RS-3s have like a 130 treadware? The G-Forces are like 300. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to run RS-3s haha.

Comment

just joshing man. id love an is but i have a son and have a i. nothing but love.

Comment

Originally posted by DooDanE30 View Post
                  just joshing man. id love an is but i have a son and have a i. nothing but love.
                  Didn't think anything of it man haha.

Comment

Quite the group of E30 guys in KC. I'll have to venture down sometime.
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                      Quite the group of E30 guys in KC. I'll have to venture down sometime.
                      We're pretty cool so yeah, you should :)

On another note, blew a head gasket for no reason few days ago. It's suspected that either my Metric Blues didn't hold or my head was not decked flat. Decided I'm not going to put the M20 back together but instead doing an M52 swap. On the prowl for some S52 cams, trans brace and E21 booster. Hoping this setup will prove to be more reliable and will actually get me some seat time in this bitch.

Carnage: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273849

Comment

Also forgot to mention that I picked up some M3 seats and a sweet Recaro LS-B!

After a little cleaning/rehydrating:

Comment

Man the car is looking good, and the other cars are bad ass as well. It seems you have a good support system in your area.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by el bimmer View Post
                            Man the car is looking good, and the other cars are bad ass as well. It seems you have a good support system in your area.
                            Thank you - and yes - always someone there to help when I need it. Good group of people here in the KC area.

Comment

I sure miss KC! Dont give up on that M20...

Comment

Working...
                              X