No announcement yet.

2002 + s2000 = S2002 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be using that heater box in my next build. Good progress.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post

im thinking about buying these for the 2002 yay or nay?

Please pardon my apparent ignorance, but what the heck is this?
      Please don't say a headlight. :p
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sector6 View Post
        Please pardon my apparent ignorance, but what the heck is this?
        Please don't say a headlight. :p
        Looks like a piston?

Comment

Headlight. Looks like it belongs a a KTM or some other touring bike.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

that headlight reminded me of this, it was cool at the moment

the headlight is a JW speaker 8700 they go for about 480 each. expensive but you never replace the bulb and led. the cut off is amazing.. still pondering about this even it might make it look cyborg but ehh it is functional than the old 70s light
            Last edited by knuklehead92; 07-12-2013, 08:43 AM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Personally the LED headlights look terrible. If you upgrade the stock headlights to either H4 bulbs or even an HID projector in a stock housing (kinda like the e30 euro smiley headlights) it would be a much cleaner, less ricey look.

These are euro smiley's

Worth noting, as this is what I'm planning to do for my headlights, if you do retrofit HID projectors into a stock 7" housing, you need to make sure that the housing you use is completely smooth glass, as opposed to having any kind of pattern in it. The patterns in a stock housing would disperse the light from the projector and disrupt the cut off line, possibly blinding other drivers.

Of course it's your car, so go with what you think looks and works they way you want. In the end your the one that should be enjoying it.
              Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
              Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
              Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
              Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

Originally posted by tinkwithanr View Post
                Personally the LED headlights look terrible. If you upgrade the stock headlights to either H4 bulbs or even an HID projector in a stock housing (kinda like the e30 euro smiley headlights) it would be a much cleaner, less ricey look.

These are euro smiley's

Worth noting, as this is what I'm planning to do for my headlights, if you do retrofit HID projectors into a stock 7" housing, you need to make sure that the housing you use is completely smooth glass, as opposed to having any kind of pattern in it. The patterns in a stock housing would disperse the light from the projector and disrupt the cut off line, possibly blinding other drivers.

Of course it's your car, so go with what you think looks and works they way you want. In the end your the one that should be enjoying it.

I do agree it looks ricey but functions very well. I was leaning more toward led but now after thinking about it a couple of days, sticking with oem housings and thinking and the FX-R

That was my initial plan use the stock housing and use FX-R HID

like what wh33lhop did,

FX-R price not bad

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

the monster has awaken!

painted the dash area and part of the tunnel and mounted my fuse box there

started cleaning up the bay

Last edited by knuklehead92; 07-14-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Do you have the E21 taller rails off of each side? Would you be interested in selling them? How much to PA 17066? Nice build by the way, I am subscribed.
                    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

bump, updates?

Comment

Cool project! Don't know how I missed this.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

This is getting good! keep it up!

Comment

Update?

Comment

this build hurts by brain.......
                              I like it....
                              Sub'd.
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X