Blunttech E30M3 refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
    Havent done much to this car since original post except strip it and buy tons of parts. Ive just been way too busy with work to even get out in the garage....Its got more rust than first thought .. Cowl and tail panel are good. But Im at a crossroads as to what to do. The underside is rough and to be really nice I need to powdercoat everything. subframes are showing signs of rust. hard brake lines are ok but shitty looking. A couple winters took its toll on this car. Refresh everything and make a nice driver??? or go all out and do a nut and bolt resto?? I have purchased so many nice parts for this car it seems foolish to just install them on a less than perfect car. I suppose in the end the car will be worth more but I dont want to over restore it either. Remember I only have 4700 into it and it needs no engine work Just reseal it..... what would r3v do?
    It seems to me the inly smart thing to do is to tell sell it for the 4700 you have into it. Probably best to sell it to one of your good customers in VA, because then you would have a customer buying parts for 2 cars not 1.
    Anything else you do would just be silly and unresponsible!
    I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

It's the dream car for so many people on here, myself included. I'd be making her perfect. Couldn't live with myself knowing that I hadn't done things properly on that car. Just my $0.02...
      Originally posted by LJ851
      kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
      ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
      #teamross
      Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

I think given your resources it only makes sense to do it once and do it right. Get rid of all the rust, repaint it, powdercoat whatever needs powdercoating, etc. It may take time and some money but that thing is going to skyrocket in value.

Comment

r3v will do exactly what you are doing..... lol
          now get 3 hookers on full rotations for a month. :pimp:
          do it right.

if i consider the math side. contact the guys in Manhattan NY. you should know the place.
          Last edited by GT BMW E30; 06-30-2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I would treat the rust to prevent it from spreading , repair any glaring mechanical issues and drive it like it was meant to be driven.

I am probably in the minority here but it is a great pleasure to drive a machine that you dont have to worry about (not cosmetically perfect) and have little money invested in.

This car will probably be restored in it's life and that owner will probably be very proud of it and also very concerned about it's well being.

Who gets to rip around in a $5000 E30 M3 with a care free stupid grin these days ?
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Strip and repair the rust, make sure the chassis is perfect before doing anything.
              My Feedback

Comment

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148000 may as well, the car has earned it.

Comment

wait until I finish school next year then sell it to me! ;-)
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Any decisions/progress here?
                    Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      Any decisions/progress here?
                      Yes I actually have been working on it most of the weekend ..Putting it BACK together. I had it totally stripped in prep for paint but then made a decision sure to piss some people off. Im assembling the car as is and sending it To Classicdaily.net to let Jake do his thing. Hes going to do an S85 6 speed conversion on the car ..... Get it up and running and then ship it back where I will do the body. We located a 22k mile S85 6 speed manual from a rear hit 2007 M6..... Im sure it will make some purists angry but I think Im spoiled and need a car with more power.... Plus the sound it emits with electric exhaust cut out is pretty awesome

I dont know how to embed this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zCsdtg8swGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Yes I actually have been working on it most of the weekend ..Putting it BACK together. I had it totally stripped in prep for paint but then made a decision sure to piss some people off. Im assembling the car as is and sending it To Classicdaily.net to let Jake do his thing. Hes going to do an S85 6 speed conversion on the car ..... Get it up and running and then ship it back where I will do the body. We located a 22k mile S85 6 speed manual from a rear hit 2007 M6..... Im sure it will make some purists angry but I think Im spoiled and need a car with more power.... Plus the sound it emits with electric exhaust cut out is pretty awesome

Bad Ass.

Last edited by LJ851; 09-02-2013, 12:24 PM.
                        Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Oh my. :eeek:
                          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                          e30 restoration and V8 swap
                          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Haha that will be fucking awesome! S14 can only dream haha.
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Oh this one sounds like a good one. Sub'd
                              www.classicdaily.net
                              1970 m42 swapped 2002
                              1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                              https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

why is the flame coming out from under the car and not out the tail pipe?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                                Ig:ryno_pzk
                                I like the tuna here.
                                Originally posted by lambo
                                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                                X