Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaywood
    replied
    Remounted everything and got new hardware. Stainless and nylocs all around. Also snapped a few more pics of the shifter in the cab. You can see the linkage.

Here's inside the cab. Shifter is a steel rod I put some set screws in. I'll be lathing one out of some delrin soon. You can see the shift linkage coming from underneath. Don't hate on the alu welding...still learning!!

Here's the dash...pretty sweet unit.

We are talking to our tuner and seeing what he recommends/prefers for the rest of the turbo setup.

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Took apart the shift linkage and clutch linkage and powder coated all of the brackets/pieces. Satin black. Turned out great!

Fresh with powder

In the oven (5 mins)

Out of the oven (15-20 mins)

Leave a comment:

• CHIF8008
    replied
    love this man

Leave a comment:

• e30_neverstock
    replied
    excellent

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Here's the the clutch "linkage." The stage 3 clutch was extremely difficult to engage/disengage so we decided to make it easier. Here's what we came up with. It works surprisingly well.

Here is the shift linkage. There are some tweaks we still need to fix but it works for the most part!

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by euroshark View Post
    This is excellent
    Thanks man! Hoping we'll get some more done on this this weekend. We are waiting on misc engine bits to get this thing running. Deutschwerks 1000cc injectors just came in the mail. Intake mani has been ordered. Undecided on the turbo currently...thoughts? Trying not to break the bank BTW :p

Leave a comment:

• euroshark
    replied
    This is excellent

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Axles are in and mounted.

Finished up most of the shift linkage and started on the aftermarket clutch slave cylinder. With the stage 3 clutch, the clutch was HARD to press with the stock slave..it was not very user friendly.. So we decided to buy a new slave that would be more friendly with us.

It is a Wilwood unit from Summit.

We bled the system and all seems well..no leaks...yet.. The clutch is now MUCH easier to engage/disengage. It still needs some fine tuning but we almost got it nailed.

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Shift linkage!

Leave a comment:

• e30_neverstock
    replied
    sounds like good plan for now

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    It will be cable linkage. My dad and I have a few ideas. We'll start working on it once we get the new clutch in and the trans fully installed.

Leave a comment:

• Roque
    replied
    What's the plan for the shift linkage?

BTW great project!!! For sure i'll be lots of fun to build and great reward driving it :-)

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    We honestly won't know until we drive it. There are a few Porsche 914 guys who have done this and didn't report any noticeable vibration. We'll see

Thanks guys for the positive comments!

Leave a comment:

• deutschman
    replied
    ^
    This is what I was wondering. I did a drive shaft the same way you did those axles and it had some vibration.

Leave a comment:

• e30_neverstock
    replied
    will there b any vibration issues with the axles? i would imagine that they would need to get balanced?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X