Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ almighty, that's a big turbo...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

RIGHT? I was pissed. I JUST did the timing chains too. Like 5k ago.
      I'm not quite sure about the oring thing yet. I still have to contact my machine shop and see how much they would charge, otherwise I'm going to contact someone who is renting out their groove-o-matic. Know anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Christ almighty, that's a big turbo...
        The hx40 is? now this is a big turbo. My friend replaced it with a SWEET double ball bearing turbo on his semi.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Christ almighty, that's a big turbo for an E30...
          There, I fixed my statement.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I'm actually buying an hx35, intercooler, and oil cooler tonight.

Comment

Bought the intercooler, hx35, oil cooler, fuel filter, and waste gate. And cone filter right now. All I need is like block stuff like gaskets and bolts and flywheel surfacing and shit and I'm done. Oh, and down pipe to nothingness haha

Comment

Seriously debating going m50.. I really can't decide. I would use my m20 harness and make it work with the m50. I'm wondering if I can cut my flange off my manifold, and then weld the proper m50 manifold on? Is the exhaust spacing the same?

Comment

The M50 Head flows better, but you can always compensate with more boost on the M20.
                  I like the M20 series because its a lot like the VR6 engine. Both are small sixes with shitty flowing 12V heads, lol. If I were you, I would o ring the M20B25 and arp the rods and head and get a good tune. It will make good power with the right tuner pushing the buttons. They are really good motors with very little that is weak.
                  84 318, 86 325ES, 85 325E. 89 325IS,
                  89 BMW 325is Turbo - 8.02@85mph 1/8th

90 VW Golf, 01 VW TDI Jetta
                  98 VW GTI VR6 - 11.679@117.58mph Timeslip
                  96 VW GTI VR6 - 7.63@97mph

www.lugtronic.com

Comment

Whoops. I bought an m50 today, with a wiring harness adapter, and a trans brace.

Comment

I think you will still be happy, lol.
                      84 318, 86 325ES, 85 325E. 89 325IS,
                      89 BMW 325is Turbo - 8.02@85mph 1/8th

90 VW Golf, 01 VW TDI Jetta
                      98 VW GTI VR6 - 11.679@117.58mph Timeslip
                      96 VW GTI VR6 - 7.63@97mph

www.lugtronic.com

Comment

Lol. I hope so. It will take a little bit longer to piece together the build, but I think it will be worth it, and I will be able to get my 400bhp easier, and with easier upgrades after that. Oh, and hopefully I'm fabricating my own turbo manifold.

Comment

If you still have that HX40, it would be a pretty good match for a big M30 ;)

If you aren't on E30tech, join. R3V is good but, E30tech is better for turbo things.
                          Nomade30 over there sells the arp headstuds. I don't know if he is on here.

That manifold looks really similar to an ebay manifold with a wastegate port welded on but, I don't have much knowledge of the 666 manifold. If that's what it is, then that was a good buy!

Comment

I also cannot become a member over at e30 tech. I'm currently trying to sell that manifold because I recently switched to a m50. Sold my hx35 for the m50 and I bought a swap brace, and wiring harness adapter too. Hx40 is going on the m50. Hopefully it will be okay. Im just going to wait to jump on a deal of head studs and MLS. I have all winter to finish it anyway... no way im driving my bimmer in wisconsin winter.

Comment

Bought a m50 today, along with a swap brace from GunMetalGrey. Fantastic product, cool dude. Now time to round up and e34 oil pan setup and some motor mounts.

Comment

Not doing mls anymore. Getting some 80# injectors and doing e85 on stock compression with some arp's. got an oil pan for the swap. Hopefully selling my DIYPNP for ms3x soon. Going to get a good n tight manifold. Anyone have a decent turbo recommendation? Getting rid of the hx40. I really have to stop changing my mind. Any thoughts on condor's swap mounts?

Comment

Working...
                                X