S54 E30 build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • acolella76
    replied
    The only real benefits to 5 lug are slightly larger brakes and more wheel selection. IMO I wouldn't go five lug on your car unless you find an E30 M3 setup. The E36 mix n' match setup I've heard causes weird alignment issues and it's not something I would want on a track car. If I were you I would just buy a BBK and call it a day. It'll probably save you some money, too.

    I can't wait to see more progress on this build. Did you buy that S54 from the guy on here?

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    This guy is selling a ZF 5 Speed;

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    replied
    The 5 lug from what i understand is the ability to go to a larger breaking system. A friend of mine is making a 5 lug conversion but its quite costly. But for a track day car you do need damn good brakes so there si a benefit.

    Disadvantage is cost but you are doing a S54 swap so go for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30shmobberr
    replied
    this is going to be awesome

    Leave a comment:


  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    cant wait to see more! and im jelly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asbradley21
    started a topic S54 E30 build

    S54 E30 build

    Alright. Back in May of last year, the peppy old m42 with nearly 300,000 miles finally kicked the bucket, breathing out it's final breath at WOT as the bottom end bashed itself to pieces at Barber Motorsports Park. It died as it lived, couldn't think of a better way to go out.

    Anyway, from then I began contemplating my swap options. M50 at first, but too slow, then s50, but still, eh, just not doing it for me yet. Euro S50? Maybe. S54? Now we're talking. So I found an S54 on here with a ton of extras and scooped it up, delivered yesterday. This will be my weekend warrior for track duty, and will see relatively little time on the street.



    So now the fun part begins.

    The motor came with the modified subframe/oil pan from Tyler at ArcAsylum so that's covered.

    Ecu flash will most likely be done by Evolve.

    I need to acquire:
    ZF 5 speed
    s3.25
    Driveshaft
    Wiring harness modifications
    Clutch & Flywheel
    ECU flash

    Things that may play out:
    CSL Airbox
    5 lug (benefits?)
    Bigger BBK for front, move my current willwood dynapro calipers to the rear.
    Ground Control Coilovers w/ Koni SAs (currently on Bilstein Sport/Turner J-stock setup)
    AKG front control arms
    Rear camber correction
    Serious rubber

    Various other odds and ends too.
Working...