• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    When you gonna come see me again!??

Spring brodeo, I'll be driving down
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Real quick picture with the wheels on. Need to measure for spacers and get a stud kit.

By any chance do one of you fine members have the end of a 4 pin O2 sensor laying around? Something I totally spaced on when converting to the late style wiring harness...
      Swanny!
      SUCKERS.

Comment

Found the pigtail for the o2 sensor in my piles of parts. Took it up the road quickly to see how it runs and shifts after replacing all the shift linkage parts (had some knock off ebay short shifter that wasn't allowing engagement). Began the rejuvenation of some black leather seats (front and back) and doing all my homework on the m30 afm conversion. Just need to do a pin test on it since 4 of the 6 19lbs injectors that came from the same place were toast. So glad I took advantage of the injector rebuild service...
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

Now hunting down a slightly smaller alternator belt as I must have mix and matched pulleys during the swap. Also searching for an oil level sensor because (again) early and late models are different. I'm checking out the pinouts and might just wire my own connector up if nothing pops up over the weekend.
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

Man this was one of the first build threads I read on r3v back in the day. Glad to see its still going. I love how the car looks with those wheels. Everything just goes together perfectly.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              Man this was one of the first build threads I read on r3v back in the day. Glad to see its still going. I love how the car looks with those wheels. Everything just goes together perfectly.

Thanks! Definitely have been taking my sweet time. Got a 15375 belt (10x952) and fit perfectly. Started and ran a bit to see how everything idled and sounded. Will need a new muffler as I have a stock cat back and its a little rattle-y. Going to switch everything over for the chipped ecu and see how it handles that tomorrow.
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                Well more hurdles to jump. Output flange from the old transmission is this:

New is this:

Which I believe is leading to a huge gap between guibo and flanges:

Also:

Damn late model CSB. My car is an 87 but must have one of the straddle months where there was some cross over of parts.

Anyone have a tip on getting the flanges swapped? Looks like it needs a thin walled deep socket...
                What did you end up doing with the rear output shaft?
                I got a early model Trans that I'm going to replace with a later model and I run into this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  What did you end up doing with the rear output shaft?

I got a early model Trans that I'm going to replace with a later model and I run into this problem.

Switched the flange. I bought a deep socket then ground the sides down to fit in there. Was a bit of work but much cheaper than trying to find the correct size thin walled deep socket that you'd only ever use for this purpose.

Check out the threads detailing the differences between late and early model transmissions and do a side by side check before throwing anything back in the car.
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

And she still runs! Chip, afm, and injectors installed. Seems to be a bit peppier and more throttle response. O2 sensor and new intake boot should be here tuesday so we'll see if that takes care of the loopy idle. Still need to get the tach wired back up but started the day off slow with some sweet time laying next to a toilet...anyway, PROGRESS!
                    Swanny!
                    SUCKERS.

Comment

New parts solved the idle issue. Got a basic cone filter for the afm for the time being as well as got the tach wiring spliced into the harness. Transmission tunnel brace and fuller hangers are next on the easy to do list tonight. Mechanically speaking its all set to break in the clutch and see what I might need to double check. Going to go grab some fresh gas and put some miles on it before weather and salt trucks start showing up.
                      Swanny!
                      SUCKERS.

Comment

So drove for about 2 hours last night. Even without a fan the engine temp stayed right on point (helps to have gutted the ac system) idled great at all stops, and generally behaved quite well.

Things to address:
                        -Tach is reading way higher than actual engine speeds (bad splice perhaps? It is fun to see it push well through the printed numbers and into the econometer)
                        -Oil light stays on until higher rev. Possibly the pressure sensor is to blame
                        -OBC and econometer are both off (wiring harness differences)
                        -Blower fan undoubtedly a mess from rodent invasion (loud and almost only runs on high)
                        -Radio turns on but no sound output (probably just redo everything and install the luke box thats been sitting for 2 years)
                        -Purchase and install electric fan
                        -Cruise control seems to surge
                        -Passenger window not rolling down

Other than that I just have an interior to switch out and some deep cleaning to look forward to.
                        Swanny!
                        SUCKERS.

Comment

Must cruise.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Must have tach and oil pressure
                            Swanny!
                            SUCKERS.

Comment

Oil pressure addressed as well as the transmission mysteriously empty. Topped that off with gear oil instead of ATF to see if the thicker oil will avoid the mysterious drain.
                              Was having some fun with cluster issues but out it was a combination of the speed sensor and internal connections so just need to try another speedometer that has a working odometer or just repair the known working one.
                              Biggest thing now is just to tidy things up like get all the interior cleaned and seats redyed, bypass the stock amp that died, and get the air dam back on.
                              Car won't be pretty but at least it'll be whole for the first time in a few years
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Some ignorance after helping f34r get his header and studs repaired. Looked like he wanted a few rocks in his shoes so I had to oblige.

Got seats back together. Dye kit did well but overall the driver's seat was pretty much shot. Took the seats out and did a thorough scrub with some odoban and oxygenated cleaner to hopefully finish clearing up the mouse stank.
                                Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X