Vert revision KB-AN-SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught up on this thread.

These cars are perfect for daily drivers and part time projects.
    the white one will be rewarding when you take it for that legitimate drive
    E30 320i vert
    But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

It will. I worked on it again this weekend. I am now fighting a no fuel issue. The fuel gauge does not register and there is no fuel coming the the fuel rail. I also am putting a cluster back in, which has me with other questions as well.

Comment

Got back to working again this weekend, I may make a how to thread for replacing the front A-arm bushings, AKA trailing arm bushings, aka lollipops. It was a larger task then I expected. I decided to hit the junk yard to get a spare set so there would be no down time for either car. Had the bushings pressed into the lollipops by a friend, and decided Saturday to try and install them. Of course I did my research prior to this job. Seems many people had a much easier experience then I did. I unbolted the old ones, one side at a time, cut the rubber to separate the "lollipop from the car, then used a cut off wheel to cut the remaining rubber piece off the car. Cool quick and easy. Now when it came to reinstalling the new bushing onto the car......... that was a headache. Seems people say you can "slip it on" or just "tap it on" That was not my experience. I tried a long bad clamp, a socket and sledge hammer various clamps, and spent the better part of 3+ hours on just one side, It didnt work. I decided I needed to walk away for the day and think on it. I read up on some home made tools, but not much was working out for me. SO I slept on it and came up with an idea that got both sides done in under an hour. I went and bought 3 feet of 3/8" threaded rod, 6nuts, and for washers. I had a 2 1/2" exhaust clamp and some flat steel that was 3" wide that i cut down to 5 1/2" long. I will post a pic but this simple setup allowed me to press each bushing on far enough that I could then tap it the rest of the way on with a socket. I also did both steering rack boots as they were torn. I also put the belly tray back on which has been off for like 3yrs. Did the regular once over, topped off fluids as well.

Comment

Working...
        X