Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I want to shadowline and I want the CAI, but for some reason I think my 84 doesnt have a hole right there. I dont have ABS either. the only option my car has is sunroof, because america
    Nope you gotta cut a hole. Not that hard to do though.
    I shoved a short 4" pipe through the hole and a coupler on each side

Comment

Update as promised!

I ended up caving in and going with 35% tint. The 50% had a slight blue tint that I wasn't digging. Looks pretty cool if you ask me

The 70% on the windshield is virtually unnoticeable

Visibility from inside is unaffected

kitty is watching

Woop woop. shadowlining the trim is next on the list.
      Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-05-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Looking awesome mate! Love the wheel poke :)
        5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
        Leave feedback about my transactions!
        sigpic

Comment

Man, I dig your car. Just curious...why are you not running the trunk spoiler to go with the rest of the kit.

Also, do you still have the fuel cell & pump? Would my nice for my track car...

Cheers!
          Originally posted by LJ851
          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
          #teamross
          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
            Man, I dig your car. Just curious...why are you not running the trunk spoiler to go with the rest of the kit.

Also, do you still have the fuel cell & pump? Would my nice for my track car...

Cheers!
            The spoiler is still sitting in my garage. I kinda dig it without the spoiler idk.

I've also been too chicken to drill the holes in the trunk. It's still on the list of shit to do.

I pm'd you about the fuel cell.
            Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-05-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Damn this is an impressive build. I like the trunkless look, I think it looks fantastic as is

Comment

So I spent some time laying a USB wire throughout the car to wire up my dash cams. I'm running one front and rear. I'm sick of people not taking responsibility for their mistakes.

Anyway I went in to wire it and the fucking genius behind the USB DC/DC converter decided it would be a great idea to make the red wire ground and the thick black wire +12v. It blew up the converter immediately. thing fucking exploded. Luckily it didn't kill the camera too.

waiting on replacement converters.

if anyone is interested, I'm running 2 G1W Dash cams with the extended battery. They record 1080p30 and have motion detection for when the car is parked. They record audio but the quality is useless. They also have excellent night visibility. I paid $56 for each. Beware of fakes though, make sure you research who you're buying from otherwise you will end up with a fake that doesn't record at true 1080p.
                32gb on each cam should be plenty of space to be able to run motion detection.

I was inspired to invest in dash cams because my Westy was rear ended and the person who did is trying to screw me and make me liable.

*EDIT* The motion detection for the cameras is useless. It prevents the camera from recording while powered, it'll stop recording randomly with it enabled. The accelerometer is also useless because it'll register the slightest bump as an accident and fill up the SD card with unimportant footage. Still for 50 bucks they are still the best bang for your buck
                Last edited by pandaboo911; 05-05-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post

I'm getting a weird noise at 3k rpm and I think it's my timing chain. I'm betting the 10w30 is too thin.

My oil is also running 10 degrees colder after I switched to 10w30

10/40 oil vs 10/60 as i used on my S38B38 and use on my B10 BT

at 100°c the 10/60 have double more thickness in lubrication vs 10/40

that is a lot,, and thats why some manufacturer use thes 5-10/50 or 10/60 under high rpm and hot conditions,,, but be aware.. i noticed that you said your oil is a little cooler than it was before,,, that is the benefit when using these low number,, the oil is quicker to get the heat out,, thats why it is actually important to use oil cooler ,, when using 10/60 under a load

in endurance races.. almost everybody,, use 15/50 brands as Joe Gibbs... Redline or Motul are thought of many the ONLY real high quality oils out there,, and thats the reason race-teams use the,

ps... your thread is absolutely great,, many ,,RIGHT solutions as some E30 owners would say,, and the M-Tech I is just STUNNING

keep up the good work

and i wish you all the best with this
                  regards
                  Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
                  ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
                  E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Looks awesome! Mines almost done. Wish I would've went 5 lug, but the RZ 378's I have fit great so I'm good. I have a spare front tech 1 spoiler now thankfully. There's ton's of critters on Montana highways that like to play chicken. I like how you have FAP on your plates lol.
                    84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Originally posted by Alpina View Post
                      10/40 oil vs 10/60 as i used on my S38B38 and use on my B10 BT

at 100°c the 10/60 have double more thickness in lubrication vs 10/40

that is a lot,, and thats why some manufacturer use thes 5-10/50 or 10/60 under high rpm and hot conditions,,, but be aware.. i noticed that you said your oil is a little cooler than it was before,,, that is the benefit when using these low number,, the oil is quicker to get the heat out,, thats why it is actually important to use oil cooler ,, when using 10/60 under a load

in endurance races.. almost everybody,, use 15/50 brands as Joe Gibbs... Redline or Motul are thought of many the ONLY real high quality oils out there,, and thats the reason race-teams use the,

ps... your thread is absolutely great,, many ,,RIGHT solutions as some E30 owners would say,, and the M-Tech I is just STUNNING

keep up the good work

and i wish you all the best with this
                      regards
                      Danke! All the way from iceland!
                      Sprichst du eigentlich deutsch?

haha. thanks for the input. I'm gonna go with 10w50.
                      I have an oil cooler so I think temperature should be fine.
                      Highest oil temperature I got so far was 94 C after taking it through the mountain roads.

Gonna swap the oil out when I put my supercharger on since the 10w30 is pretty new and I hate to waste new oil

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
                      Looks awesome! Mines almost done. Wish I would've went 5 lug, but the RZ 378's I have fit great so I'm good. I have a spare front tech 1 spoiler now thankfully. There's ton's of critters on Montana highways that like to play chicken. I like how you have FAP on your plates lol.
                      Hah you should have seen the look on my face when they handed me those plates.
                      I couldn't believe they actually have FAP as a plate :D

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                        Nope you gotta cut a hole. Not that hard to do though.
                        I shoved a short 4" pipe through the hole and a coupler on each side
                        Ok, figured I would need to. I already have a 3" hole saw, I guess I need a larger one.

Im bummed I couldnt come out to hang, but the weather gods decided it wasnt time for a shadowlining party. Im sure you will have it done before I come down again, hopefully I will too.

Car looks great as is. Im ok with no spoiler being drilled in. ;)
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Smallish update before I drop the huge supercharger build update

I swapped out my chinese quick release NRG steering wheel for a quality unit from Italy.
                          The car feels completely different. This wheel is about the same size as a go-kart steering wheel.

The stalks are nice and close to my hands now, so I definitely prefer this wheel. The NRG wheel would flex under hard cornering and even bent on a few occasions.
                          I do need to sit a bit closer to this wheel, which is actually nicer because I can fold the backrest down a bit more. Overall it's a huge improvement over the NRG wheel. It locks as well, where the NRG wheel did not lock.

Here you can spot my cupholders. I highly recommend getting a set of these. One of the bests mods I've installed in the 3 years of owning this thing. No joke
                          They are made by a member on here named e30mthree. You can find them here
                          They are quite pricey, so I bought them used off another member.

The NRG wheel with quick release is up for grabs. Send me a PM if you're interested. The wheel is straight, and has no cosmetic damage. The hub has been modified to support using the stock e30 horn.

I also got around to installing my center console with new gauges. The old ones burned out. Pics are kinda blurry.
                          Kinda hard to see but the top is fuel level and the bottom is voltage.

On my test drive of the steering wheel I came across this genius.
                          How can you be this bad at parking...?

I'll get some pics of my dash cam install up later next week. I've already had the pleasure of recording a cop pulling me over just to waste my time so that was nice.
                          Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-26-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

bumpity

Comment

I can't wait to see what you do for the supercharger build!! ALWAYS wanted to supercharge the 24V in my car.

Great thread, as always!
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                              ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                              #teamross
                              Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                                I can't wait to see what you do for the supercharger build!! ALWAYS wanted to supercharge the 24V in my car.

Great thread, as always!
                                It's an intercooled blower running 15 psi. Using e85 fuel.

I'll get some vids up as soon as I work out the kinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X