X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I counted 17 cracks..
    cars beep boop

Comment

My toy has that same linkage, but a manual rack. I also have the same cold start issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

I think I counted 17 cracks..
        You need a fresh one.
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          My toy has that same linkage, but a manual rack. I also have the same cold start issue.
          do you also have an issue with it barely managing to idle before it warms up? I think it might be a symptom of the aux air slide valve not actually working anymore.
          Last edited by kronus; 04-24-2013, 12:26 PM.
          cars beep boop

Comment

That dash is really bad. I just wanted a pic for the lolz
            -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

do you also have an issue with it barely managing to idle before it warms up? I think it might be a symptom of the aux air slide valve not actually working anymore.
              Yep. Sometimes (See: ALWAYS) it takes a few starts and pedal pumps to get it to turn over. It's considerably worse if parked outside in my cold environment.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                You need a fresh one.
                putting it in tomorrow night!

ass end:

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Yep. Sometimes (See: ALWAYS) it takes a few starts and pedal pumps to get it to turn over. It's considerably worse if parked outside in my cold environment.
                exactly the same here. when it's warm it starts great though.
                cars beep boop

Comment

an hour of drinking beer and cursing later,

cars beep boop

Comment

also I found a box. it's connected to the ECU, and the O2 sensor. It's got a D.C. Johnson & Assoc label on it. Ideas on what it is?

edit: it's a ghetto-rigged O2 sensor control unit, commonly known as a "Johnson box"
                    Last edited by kronus; 04-25-2013, 11:13 PM.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Car is coming along nicely, I'd do 2.6 stroker and that was my original plan until riding in Hoveringuys' M54 car. As for the Aux air slide valve, might have one of those kicking around if you need it for testing.

Court
                      Continuous For Sale Thread
                      323i s50

Comment

I see you pulled off the DOT side markers in the rear. Are you going to fill and paint the rear panel? On my euro 320i I had the painter weld in sheet metal to get rid of those ugly DOT side markers. I like your new dash.
                        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                          I see you pulled off the DOT side markers in the rear. Are you going to fill and paint the rear panel? On my euro 320i I had the painter weld in sheet metal to get rid of those ugly DOT side markers. I like your new dash.
                          yeah, that's the plan, but body resto is the last thing on my todo list after all the mechanical resurrection... trying to figure out if I want to do it myself or have it done.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Got the new dash buttoned up, complete with a non-ruined HVAC panel and fresh Mtech II:

Mysteriously, the dash swap made all my check panel lights go away and now the euro rear foglights work again:

Unfortunately, not very useful...

I also received my wheel adapters, and sized up the situation... it's going to be a tight fit.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Dash look good and steering wheel.
                              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                                Dash look good and steering wheel.
                                Thanks!

Aside from the autotragic, car is pretty close to daily drivable, but I will need to smog it. I removed the johnson box, which just leaned the car out if it even worked, so now there is even less lambda control and I'm not sure if it will pass. I'm considering swapping in a whole motronic 1.3 harness and ecu, but need to read up on compatibility of injectors and c101... Anyone seen that wiring swap done?
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X