COKGBLR goes under the knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post

I picked up this iso flare tool and made 8 flares and this happened. Going into town tomorrow to see if I can warranty it. :(

The same thing happened to me when i bought mine. I bought 2 extras when i replaced it so i wouldn't get stuck again next time. Of course i have i never broke another since then. Greasing that piece seems to take some of the load off it.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      The same thing happened to me when i bought mine. I bought 2 extras when i replaced it so i wouldn't get stuck again next time. Of course i have i never broke another since then. Greasing that piece seems to take some of the load off it.
      I'm in a small town and they haven't had anything in stock I've needed so far. It's hard to deal with being from Chicago where I can go get this tool cash and carry from several places. I left my receipt at home so I'm hoping they'll swap me for store credit and give me some unbent hard line and fluid so I can finish the job tomorrow. I really don't want to have to take Tuesday off as well and I won't have time to come back for another 3 weeks. Total rock and hard place.

I wish I'd known about greasing the pin, I only need 2 more flares to complete my job and then the back half of the car can go in. Sucks.
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Brake lines are done, fuel tank is in, subframe is in. Tomorrow we bolt up calipers, bleed brakes, install the driveshaft and set the car down.

Beyond excited.

- Josh
        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

After a 5 mile drive. YAY!

- Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

I took the car for a longer drive after I gave it a good washing. Overall I'm very pleased with how it came out, the ride is nice and firm but not too bouncy.

I have noticed that above 4k rpm through redline I'm getting a shudder. It doesn't seem to be velocity relayed, but more to engine rpm. The car cruises fine at 80+ mph on the highway but after the revs come up the shudder happens. Could this be motor mounts? My transmission mount cross member was hanging by a few threads when I got under the car, maybe replacing all the bolts and finally getting everything as it should have caused some of the other issues to show up?

Here are a few pics I took today after the wash.

- Josh
            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post

That is the brass T divider in the rear that goes to the lines. It is a cheap 'while you're in there' thing to replace with the subframe removed. The hardlines rot out, I did not take a good look but they are only 10 bucks a side prefromed. I did it on my Mother's e30 a year ago, new line from the MC to the rear with a new T and pre made lines with new rubber lines.
              Pre bent e30 lines? Where can I find this?
              E30 buildy things
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
                Pre bent e30 lines? Where can I find this?
                The dealer has them for the trailing arms

Edit: guten parts sells a kit for $60 that has everything, found this out after buying all the bits and a flare tool.
                - Josh
                1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                  The dealer has them for the trailing arms

Edit: guten parts sells a kit for $60 that has everything, found this out after buying all the bits and a flare tool.
                  I didn't find it on their website. Link?
                  E30 buildy things

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
                    I didn't find it on their website. Link?
                    No clue, send Levent an email.
                    - Josh
                    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

I will, thanks
                      E30 buildy things

Comment

Time for an update!

A few months ago the fuzz started peeling from around my sunroof gasket so I figured it was time to get going on my moonroof repair. I acquired a new BMW gasket from a forum member and added a can of trim black to my order at the upholstery supply shop.

My moonroof came from a real gem of a parts car so it was in less than fabulous condition when I found it; one of the mounts was halfway peeled off the glass. I used a nice urethane adhesive to glue the metal back down. I took pictures of this process but for the life of me cannot find them anywhere.

Now that the brackets were all glued up I could mask off the glass and paint.

Paint at the ready

I did 4 "med-wet" coats with 3 minutes flash time as directed.

After the masking was removed it looked like this

Now I've just got to wait 48 hours for the paint to fully cure before I can install it. Longest 48 hours ever.
                        - Josh
                        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

its going to look so nice. i wish i had one. nice build
                          Originally Posted by scaraveos
                          Are saying about welding the head to the block? and if yes how is it seperated if required?

(possibly a stupid post)

Comment

Thanks!

I wanted one from the getgo but was resigned to never having one. This one fell into my lap so I couldn't resist. I'm going to be redoing the shade as a trial before I attempt a full headliner.
                            - Josh
                            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

I want a glass sunroof sssssoooooo bbbbbbaaaaaadddddd. but I don't want to redo the cables lol.
                              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                              BMW

Comment

Everything is the same. I greased up my roof last year and compared everything to the mechanism I pulled from the parts car. There's just a little nub you have to cut off of the sliding pieces so the shade slides right. I have the installation guide from BMW so I'm hoping it'll go smoothly for me.
                                - Josh
                                1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Working...
                                X