Intro: (another) E30 LS3M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kristov View Post
    Do you have a part number for the radiator?

Are you running without the MAF?
    Radiator P# K1443N
    Here- http://www.koyoradracing.com/product...earch+Products

Yep, no MAF. I'm running the Holley HP EFI

Comment

Originally posted by naterry View Post
      Radiator P# K1443N
      Here- http://www.koyoradracing.com/product...earch+Products

Yep, no MAF. I'm running the Holley HP EFI
      Thanks, do you have any videos of the car in action?

Comment

need a sound clip of that monster!!!

Comment

Cheers! I'm working on the under-tray right now but the car should be down this week. I'll take a video and post asap

Comment

Originally posted by naterry View Post
            Cheers! I'm working on the under-tray right now but the car should be down this week. I'll take a video and post asap
            Hey Nate-

Was wondering when you would resurface! Let me know how the diff is :)

This car is built to the hilt. Amazing job on the construction

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
              Hey Nate-

Was wondering when you would resurface! Let me know how the diff is :)

This car is built to the hilt. Amazing job on the construction

Dude, small world again! Thanks for the work on the Diff! It's holding up fine but of course it hasn't been run very hard yet. I don't anticipate much of a shock load so fingers crossed the diff will last.

Question: I'm still running the oem driveshafts and whatever stub axles you installed. How worried should I be @500whp? Note that I'm not into drag racing but the car will stick for hard 2-3, 3-4 shifts...

Comment

As long as the tires stay not too sticky you hopefully should be ok at 500rwhp for street use. Just dont launch it too hard :)

If you kill the 84mm cv units I believe ppm and dds both make giant sized 102mm replacement shafts. Z3m is also supposed to be quite a bit stronger at 96mm

OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                  As long as the tires stay not too sticky you hopefully should be ok at 500rwhp for street use. Just dont launch it too hard :)

If you kill the 84mm cv units I believe ppm and dds both make giant sized 102mm replacement shafts. Z3m is also supposed to be quite a bit stronger at 96mm

Sounds great, fingers crossed the tires don't get too sticky... :)

Here's a short on ramp video I took yesterday-
                  Last edited by naterry; 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

awesome car Nate -- looks like you did a great job on the swap. I'm close to making mine run, I can't wait to take it for a ride, must be a great feeling.

Comment

Walk Around:

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                        awesome car Nate -- looks like you did a great job on the swap. I'm close to making mine run, I can't wait to take it for a ride, must be a great feeling.
                        Cheers! Hang in there, it's last bits that take forever. The final product is good fun though, and well worth it!

Comment

Can you give me some insight on what you did with the p/s pump to the hydroboost? I'd like to lose my fluid reservoir if possible
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
                          LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
                          Build Thread
                          1993 alpine 2 325IC
                          •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
                            Can you give me some insight on what you did with the p/s pump to the hydroboost? I'd like to lose my fluid reservoir if possible
                            You Bet. The PS lines go like this:

Pump > Hydroboost > Rack > Tank w/filter > Pump

I used this tank/filter: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/motors...-hose-kit.html

-And with the tank above you can run the return off the Hydroboost back to the tank as well. It has two inlets and one outlet.

Comment

Thanks!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
                              LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
                              Build Thread
                              1993 alpine 2 325IC
                              •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

It's mostly a time issue for me. Hard to balance work, life, family, race car habit...

Comment

Working...
                                X