E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Updates?
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Nothing exciting, I'll try to get some updates and pictures this weekend. Progress is slow because my fiance and I are planning a wedding and looking for houses. Maybe come winter I'll actually have somewhere to work on this thing.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I've been meaning to update this, but I'm such a lazy piece of shit that I never do. I don't know why I even do these threads. Anyway the weather becoming shittier hasn't helped.

Anyway updates.

Well we bought a house, and the going has been slow. We don't close until December 1st, so presumably the updates will pic up somewhere near then. Although the house doesn't have a garage, so we'll see how that goes.

A few weeks ago I decided to 'rebuild' the injectors with one of the o-ring kits from ebay. Worked out pretty well, I think the kits a good deal with all it comes with. Cleaned out and refitted the injectors with new o-rings, pintle caps and filters. Pics before and after:

The kit installation in itself was no problem, but when I put them back in the car one of the o-rings pinched without my knowledge and decided to spray fuel all over my apartments cheap asphalt parking lot. Turns out asphalt+gas don't mix, so it left a huge stain and actually dissolved some of the bonder in the asphalt so it basically ruined my parking spot. They've undoubtedly noticed but haven't said anything to me about it, but nevertheless I've been avoiding the maintenance people. Thus I can't do work on weekdays anymore.

Anyway I also changed the Cabin Air Filter. There was a shitload of leaves and whatever in the box so I'm glad I did it.

Obligatory new and old filter picture.

I've also got these used billies that I've had forever (they turned out to be HD's but I couldn't care less as I got them super cheap) some bavauto springs (again, got them cheap, but I have a set of front vogtlands I might use as people say the bavauto springs are too soft) some thrust arms, new mounts and the rear pitman links that I haven't yet had time to install.

\

So I'll do that sometime and may update the thread or whatever.
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I also have a thing for these old SEV Marchal driving lights. I've bought and sold a few sets, the most recent being these monster H4 iode lights. I got them (relatively) cheap and I'm debating putting them on the touring this winter for some badass (probably) useless snow lights. I want to do it just to see the looks on the faces of all the jeep guys at work with their ten sets of hellas.

Feedback

Comment

Well, this is awkward.
              E30 buildy things
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Starting and never finishing projects and then selling them to Matt is my modus operandi

Feedback

Comment

that intro was the best intro Ive ever read. :rofl:
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                  X