Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 89 325is head first dive (NEW BUILD PG.13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really nice so far! I love the valve cover.

Where did you get the bmw horn button?

My Transaction Feedback
    My "build" thread
    BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

UPDATE: 06/10/2013

While trying to finish up my engine bay (coating it in truck bed liner) i have finished everything except the driver side, and i go to remove my fuse box and realize how much money this is going to take to replace my whole chassy harness, fuse box, and engine harness so i get really pissed seeing how im only 3 days deep into my minimun wage paying job... then i get yelled at for being mad by my mom and i hit my windshield but not that hard, but right where i hit there was a chip from the PO and just my luck the windshield goes and shatters, what a wonderful day :/

But the project continues i will drive this damn thing no matter what!
      1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
      1988 325IS *DAILY*
      Old Build - My 89 325is head first dive

Comment

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
        Looks really nice so far! I love the valve cover.

Where did you get the bmw horn button?
        LMAO!!!! It is the center cap for the bottle cap wheels, it fits perfect in a grip royal steering wheel, probably alot of other aftermarket wheels too, just so you dont have that ugly hole starring at you and dont spend 50 on a plastic horn lol
        1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
        1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

pretty dope engine set up. i almost got that valve cover a couple months back. @318aye makes great products. keep going hard on this its coming out great! Sub'd....

Comment

Originally posted by rmosca594 View Post
            LMAO!!!! It is the center cap for the bottle cap wheels, it fits perfect in a grip royal steering wheel, probably alot of other aftermarket wheels too, just so you dont have that ugly hole starring at you and dont spend 50 on a plastic horn lol

Well lucky for me I've got a bunch of bottlecap centers AND a grip royal wheel!

Thanks for the tip, best of luck! And sorry to hear about the windshield.. gotta remember to take off those carbide knuckles

Putting glass on insurance is cheap, not that I'd suggest fraud like that!

My Transaction Feedback
            My "build" thread
            BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Pictures when I repeatedly punched my windshield out of anger of a messed up chassy harness and my mother lol

1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
              1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

car looks like its coming out good though

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post

car looks like its coming out good though
                  LMFAO!!! When i was on Bimmerfest last year with my e46 some dude was just putting me down on all my posts and i told him to f*ck off and he posted a pic called "mr rage quite" it was the funniest thing....

BUT thanks for the love guys!!!
                  1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                  1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Also a quick question noone has seemed to ask before that i can see...

Once i get this baby together, 2.8L, 30lbs injectors, headers, intake, bigger FPR, ported head, ect..

How do i tune for it to make the most power it can? seeing that the stock motronic isnt tuneable i dont think and you cant tune those 50 dollar chips i dont think.. lol

Is my only options running standalone (MegaSquirt, SDS, ect.)?!?!?
                    1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                    1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

I really hope your kidding about the window. Thats kinda childish.
                      Anyways. Most e30 guys seam to go with ether Mega Squirt or a WAR Chip.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                        I really hope your kidding about the window. Thats kinda childish.
                        Anyways. Most e30 guys seam to go with ether Mega Squirt or a WAR Chip.
                        Yeah i know i regretted it as soon as i heard it crack, it wasnt intentional just so hhapen to be a chip where i hit my fist down :/ it was dirty anyways ill live..

But yeah i was leaning towards that but its crazy a MS PNP is like 900 bucks and you can build on for like 200-300 but i dont know how to build one
                        1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                        1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Go WAR. I think it will be easier for you.
                          sigpic
                          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                            Go WAR. I think it will be easier for you.
                            https://www.millerperformancecars.com/war-chip.html
                            Can you tune with the WAR chip? if you can ill just go with the WAR chip and their MAF otherwise ill just bite the bullet and get the MS PNP
                            1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                            1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

War is OK, MS is tits. Whodwho can build you one.

For NA your prob not going to see a huge diff between MS and WAR, but if you ever plan on going turbo youd be set with MS.
                              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                                War is OK, MS is tits. Whodwho can build you one.

For NA your prob not going to see a huge diff between MS and WAR, but if you ever plan on going turbo youd be set with MS.
                                WOW i just read about the WAR chip, last time i read about it you couldnt tune it.

That thing is waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesin sweet for 400 bucks, but thats true, i built the motor for boost, even though i have cast maxsil teflon coated pistons....

im diggin that WAR chip now... seems like a great investment
                                1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                                1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Working...
                                X